The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
You just said my age group WASN'T watching Nick at Nite, when we were :mjlol:

Fresh Prince reruns are still on almost every damn channel to this day, not just Nick at Nite. BET, MTV, it's heavily advertised on HBO Max.

Like I said, my age group don't even have memories of Fresh Prince during its original run - we saw it entirely by reruns, and those reruns are even more ubiquitous now. Gen Z watches Friends, too, you really don't think they aren't watching Fresh Prince with how available it is and all the memes that are out there?
Something is wrong with buddy lol :heh:

Also, he's calling you old and you're only 29 :dead:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I said young adults today, not you, you're not a young adult you second child hood ass nikka

you an old nikka now, welcome to the club

So becuae it's on MTV and HBO Max doesn't mean shyt, THEY ARE NOT CULTURAL ATTACHED TO THE SHOW IT'S NOT FROM THEIR ERA, they don't give a fukk that its being remade like its some kind of blasphemous action it's nothing scared to them

Old ass nikka, you ain't realized you was old nikka yet
My entire point, you fukking doofus, is That Fresh Prince isn't even MY era. It has nothing to do with being young or old, and everything to do with Fresh Prince's enduring popularity.

Again, let me reiterate: Fresh Prince went off the air when I was 4 years old. I and others my age group started watching it around a 11-12 years old, a whole ass 8 years after it ended. And it's still all over the place on cable to this day. Why? Because young people still watch it.

Fresh Prince was already old news by the time my generation started watching, and yet we know it just as well as the people who actually saw in its first run. And now you have kids younger than me who can still quote the theme song word for word.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're dumb. Wow :russ:

1. The new show is a reboot. I'm not arguing with you on that.

2. Also, do you think that I'm 12 or something? Why would I not know what a rerun is, you goofy?

3. Static Shock literally aired during my childhood. Of course, I watched it. How the hell are you going to tell me about my life? :russ:

4. OG Fresh Prince memes are literally all over social media. If you don't think that people born in 2001 know about the OG Fresh Prince, you're joking :mjlol:

The new shoot isn't a reboot , if it was a reboot it would with a comedy called the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

This is a drama called Bel Air, it is a remake it's entirely different it's not even the same genre

Static Shock aired from 2000-2004, you said you were 22 you wouldn't even be old enough to remember that show

and the picture you have isn't in from that show, it's from young justice you lying ass nikka

You in here talking about MEMES like that means something in reality, born in 2000 is culturally attached to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

you live on the internet thats the problem

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The new shoot isn't a reboot , if it was a reboot it would with a comedy called the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

This is a drama called Bel Air, it is a remake it's entirely different it's not even the same genre

Static Shock aired from 2000-2004, you said you were 22 you wouldn't even be old enough to remember that show

and the picture you have isn't in from that show, it's from young justice you lying ass nikka

You in here talking about MEMES like that means something in reality, born in 2000 is culturally attached to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Your retarded ass literally just made our point for us. Gee, if he's 22 and repping a show he shouldn't even be old enough to remember...it's almost like old shows can still be popular with the youth after their run is up thanks to wider availability or something :skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My entire point, you fukking doofus, is That Fresh Prince isn't even MY era. It has nothing to do with being young or old, and everything to do with Fresh Prince's enduring popularity.

Again, let me reiterate: Fresh Prince went off the air when I was 4 years old. I and others my age group started watching it around a 11-12 years old, a whole ass 8 years after it ended. And it's still all over the place on cable to this day. Why? Because young people still watch it.

Fresh Prince was already old news by the time my generation started watching, and yet we know it just as well as the people who actually saw in its first run. And now you have kids younger than me who can still quote the theme song word for word.

Nobody gives a damn about the Fresh Prince like that, the last episode aired in 1996, the show is popular the same way Seinfield was, a young person is gonna be up in arms if they remade Seinfield

you live in a fantasy world, look at the comments on the youtube video, only people talking about the old show are people over 40

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your retarded ass literally just made our point for us. Gee, if he's 22 and repping a show he shouldn't even be old enough to remember...it's almost like old shows can still be popular with the youth after their run is up thanks to wider availability or something :skip:

Because he lying about his age this nikkaz is weirdos on here

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Nobody gives a damn about the Fresh Prince like that, the last episode aired in 1996, the show is popular the same way Seinfield was, a young person is gonna be up in arms if they remade Seinfield

you live in a fantasy world, look at the comments on the youtube video, only people talking about the old show are people over 40
So now your argument has changed from I'm too old, to now pretending my age group didn't care about the Fresh Prince :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

When Michael Bay redid Transformers and Ninja Turtles

the target audience was not people who played with those toys in the 1980s, you would have to be damn near mid-forties right now to truly been swept in the popularity of transformers

ninja turtles you could probably be late 30s, but nobody younger than that will have any type of nostalgia towards that shyt or even care about it

It was made for a new audience because the idea WORKED BEFORE IN THE PAST

The concept of Bel Air worked before IN THE PAST, so they are using it again FOR A NEW TARGET AUDIENCE

dumb ass

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

1. Like I said, I'm not arguing with you. The show is a reboot and that's also what NBC is calling it.

2. So what if my avi is from Young Justice? Static is one of my favorite superheroes because I watched the 2000-2004 cartoon growing up. Why would I not remember it? I was kid during that time lol. Kids don't watch cartoons? :mjlol:

3. You said that people born in 2001 wouldn't know the Fresh Prince - which is a lie. Also, memes are one of the many forms of "cultural attachment" nowadays.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You are one person on the internet, no in reality your age group doesn't care about fresh prince at all, or out raged that this Bel Air show is coming out

Go outside
Ah yes, you're gonna tell ME what the group I'm part of thinks. I haven't met a single person my age in real life or the internet that couldn't rap the theme song word for word or reference scenes. We all talked about it in school, I've overheard people I didn't even hang with talking about it.

You ain't qualified for this conversation - probably older than me and trying to tell me what my own damn generation experiences :mjlol:

Thinking Nick at Nite was still showing I Love Lucy in 2004 and shyt lmao

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah yes, you're gonna tell ME what the group I'm part of thinks. I haven't met a single person my age in real life or the internet that couldn't rap the theme song word for word or reference scenes. We all talked about it in school, I've overheard people I didn't even hang with talking about it.

You ain't qualified for this conversation - probably older than me and trying to tell me what my own damn generation experiences :mjlol:

Thinking Nick at Nite was still showing I Love Lucy in 2004 and shyt lmao

I never said that

I merely made a comparison to past generations watching an old show at a nick at night to another generation watching an old show on nick at nite

you're too slow to even understand, no wonder you have nerd rage towards a show you didn't even grow up patching

this is what's wrong with people today, pretenious morons

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The trailer was aight...though like @Ribbs said, filling Will Smith's shoes is a HELL of a fukking task

THE biggest thing that made The Fresh Prince work was the chaos and fukkery that Will introduced to everybody and the effect that he had on anybody he encountered. He wasn't really pressed about moving to Bel-Air, to him it was like ":gladbron:Look at these bougie muhfukkas I'm finna eat!" Didn't give a fukk if they accepted him or not, he was gonna do his thing regardless.

But the impression I'm getting from this trailer is that the narrative focus is gonna swing the other way and that runs the risk of turning Will into a passive, reactive character rather than the active character that drives every plot.

Fresh Prince's premise just lends itself better to comedy with the occasional drama:yeshrug:

Also now I'm picking nits but as much as I love the use of Made You Look (Will's a big Nas fan) it's kinda tone deaf to have a show centered around a Philly nikka and use an NY rapper song for the trailer :pachaha: Meek? Beanie? Freeway? Roots? C'mon, son!
Should have used this :wow:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You just said my age group WASN'T watching Nick at Nite, when we were :mjlol:

Fresh Prince reruns are still on almost every damn channel to this day, not just Nick at Nite. BET, MTV, it's heavily advertised on HBO Max.

Like I said, my age group don't even have memories of Fresh Prince during its original run - we saw it entirely by reruns, and those reruns are even more ubiquitous now. Gen Z watches Friends, too, you really don't think they aren't watching Fresh Prince with how available it is and all the memes that are out there?

I don't know what the hell that guy's talking about. I wasn't even alive when Fresh Prince ended, but I became a big fan of the show because Nick at Nite was airing reruns in high school. There are a lot of shows I grew up with thanks to syndication. Before streaming, that's the only way someone of a certain age would watch an old show: Through reruns. Kids have been growing up on old sitcoms for years. :what:

Even something older like Full House, I grew up watching it and I've seen every episode multiple times. That's why it was fukked up to hear about Bob Saget's death. It's also why Fuller House was greenlit on Netflix, because the original show was pulling in at least a million people on Nick at Nite. That's not just from the older generation watching it.

And to your point about Friends, I think it was the #1 show on Netflix when it was there. One of the co-creators said her daughter and her friends were watching it. They didn't even know it was an old show, they thought it was a period piece. :mjlol:

Last edited: