The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Haven't read the thread but thus def has an UPN/All American feel. That's good or bad depending on your taste

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There's a whole generation of adults who never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Will Smith is basically just Jaden Smith's Dad to them

yall have to realize nobody cares about the people who were fans of the old show, this show isn't for them
you do realize fresh prince has been bigger in its syndication than its original run? the show has been on non stop syndication since the 90's and is one of the few shows to effortlessly transition across multiple generations. it's also a source of hella highly used gifs which gave the show an whole other level of virality

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Your retarded ass literally just made our point for us. Gee, if he's 22 and repping a show he shouldn't even be old enough to remember...it's almost like old shows can still be popular with the youth after their run is up thanks to wider availability or something :skip:
nikka act like cats aint watch martin and living single to this day...fukking good times is still airing, like GTFOH :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you do realize fresh prince has been bigger in its syndication than its original run? the show has been on non stop syndication since the 90's and is one of the few shows to effortlessly transition across multiple generations. it's also a source of hella highly used gifs which gave the show an whole other level of virality

So what, you can say the same for power rangers and every other damn show, that's not the point of making

watching old fresh prince episodes is not the same culture significance of people who were watching the show in the 90s, it's laughable to suggest otherwise, it's pretentious at best acting like people are attached to this show to the point they are outraged, only outrage for this shyt is on this forum, fake out rage culture at it's best, people pretending like they grew up on the fresh prince and they didn't

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So what, you can say the same for power rangers and every other damn show, that's not the point of making

watching old fresh prince episodes is not the same culture significance of people who were watching the show in the 90s, it's laughable to suggest otherwise, it's pretentious at best acting like people are attached to this show to the point they are outraged, only outrage for this shyt is on this forum, fake out rage culture at it's best, people pretending like they grew up on the fresh prince and they didn't
breh, stfu. you dont have to grow up with something in real time to have an attachment to it. younger generations reference FP as a GOAT sitcom, white kids even fukk with it heavy. if attachment only extended to being of age when it dropped, there wouldn't be 3-4 generations of people for whom movies like coming to america, friday and house party are beloved classics. plenty of people born in the late 90's/early 00's were clowning coming 2 america sequel because *gasp* they had an attachment to what the original accomplished without ever even have lived in the same decade of its debut

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
or maybe people actually don't like the concept or care for the overdramatization of timeless sitcom :ohhh:
It's lame nostalgia.

The concept and how this all even materialized is why I'm not feeling the hate.

A black independent director created such a high quality concept video that it impressed millions and found it's way to Will Smith and is now green lit for 2 seasons off the strength...

People shytting on it like it looks low budget and not shot well, it's not.

People acting like it's getting remade by some randoms who are going to b*stardize it.

None of that is the case so it makes no sense to to me for people to hate on it before the pilot even drops.

I'm rocking with Morgan Cooper on this and look forward to this and what other opportunities come from it.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
breh, stfu. you dont have to grow up with something in real time to have an attachment to it. younger generations reference FP as a GOAT sitcom, white kids even fukk with it heavy. if attachment only extended to being of age when it dropped, there wouldn't be 3-4 generations of people for whom movies like coming to america, friday and house party are beloved classics. plenty of people born in the late 90's/early 00's were clowning coming 2 america sequel because *gasp* they had an attachment to what the original accomplished without ever even have lived in the same decade of its debut
Word...like one of my roommates is a white girl from Colorado that's a whole 10 years younger than me and when I put Friday on in the living room a while back she was like ":ooh::gladbron:This is one of my favorite movies!" Classics have staying power for a reason.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's lame nostalgia.

The concept and how this all even materialized is why I'm not feeling the hate.

A black independent director created such a high quality concept video that it impressed millions and found it's way to Will Smith and is now green lit for 2 seasons off the strength...

People shytting on it like it looks low budget and not shot well, it's not.

People acting like it's getting remade by some randoms who are going to b*stardize it.

None of that is the case so it makes no sense to to me for people to hate on it before the pilot even drops.

I'm rocking with Morgan Cooper on this and look forward to this and what other opportunities come from it.
ehh you're doing too much, i remember the OG trailer thread, no one hated on the bruh for doing his thing, but people don't care for the concept. people been tired of remakes and reboots for decades, especially of classics that still have current cultural cache, so all of sudden people shouldn't have those feelings because it's a black creator? nah...yall brehs who are feeling this or want to give it a chance need to get out your feelings over the people who aren't feeling it. yall go enjoy the show

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ehh you're doing too much, i remember the OG trailer thread, no one hated on the bruh for doing his thing, but people don't care for the concept. people been tired of remakes and reboots for decades, especially of classics that still have current cultural cache, so all of sudden people shouldn't have those feelings because it's a black creator? nah...yall brehs who are feeling this or want to give it a chance need to get out your feelings over the people who aren't feeling it. yall go enjoy the show
The hate is for what tho? If it's anything other than nostalgia then it's weak af.

:camby:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The hate is for what tho? If it's anything other than nostalgia then it's weak af.

:camby:
no weaker than blind support just because it's a black person :childplease:

if people don't want notalgia and attachment to play into evaluating this, then don't reboot a product :ohhh:

rough kid going to live with rich family aint a unique concept, the creator could've easily created this same concept completely independent of Fresh Prince. poor kid from chicago goes live with bourgie family in buckhead and drama happens as he tries to fit with rich kids and find his way...voila