The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I watched all of Iron Fist. I'm more than willing to give this a shot.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
There's a whole generation of adults who never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Will Smith is basically just Jaden Smith's Dad to them

yall have to realize nobody cares about the people who were fans of the old show, this show isn't for them
Nah you couldn't be more wrong - thanks to reruns and social media young folks know the Fresh Prince almost as well as previous generations. shyt, my age bracket ("young" millennials) never even saw the Fresh Prince during its original run and it's as big to us as it was to Gen X/older millennials

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
There's a whole generation of adults who never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Will Smith is basically just Jaden Smith's Dad to them
Eh, not really. It's going to be people in their 20s and 30s watching this show. So people who either grew up watching the OG show or who watched reruns. The reruns of Fresh Prince are still popular.

yall have to realize nobody cares about the people who were fans of the old show, this show isn't for them
With this logic, every iconic TV show and movie from the past should be rebooted or revived lol. Nah.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:AIGHT nikkaS HATING
JUST TO BE HATING.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM CALLING
SOMETHING TRASH BUT
THIS DIDNT LOOK BAD AT ALL.

MAY TURN OUT TO BE MID
BUT NOTHING FROM THAT TRAILER
WAS A RED FLAG.

LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT SOME

GOOD ACTORS IN THIS.
:devil:
:evil:
Exactly.
The responses from this thread and the one in the Locker Room are just some blind hating shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah you couldn't be more wrong - thanks to reruns and social media young folks know the Fresh Prince almost as well as previous generations. shyt, my age bracket ("young" millennials) never even saw the Fresh Prince during its original run and it's as big to us as it was to Gen X/older millennials

How old are you

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, not really. It's going to be people in their 20s and 30s watching this show. So people who either grew up watching the OG show or who watched reruns. The reruns of Fresh Prince are still popular.

With this logic, every iconic TV show and movie from the past should be rebooted or revived lol. Nah.

Young people are not watching reruns of the fresh prince, just like you weren't watching Nick at the night, the reruns of I love lucy and all that shyt was popular too not with young people, but people who grew up with the shows

THAT'S WHO THE RERUNS ARE FOR not the a new audience lmao
There aren't many iconic TV shows in the first place

and this Bel Air show is the first of it kinds, if it succeeds it will be copied

also they not rebooting the show

it's an entirely different show, it's not a sitcom

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Young people are not watching reruns of the fresh prince, just like you weren't watching Nick at the night, the reruns of I love lucy and all that shyt was popular too not with young people, but people who grew up with the shows

and this Bel Air show is the first of it kinds, if it succeeds it will be copied

You said a whole bunch of convoluted nonsense lol :mjlol:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
You talkin about reruns nobody even watches TV anymore

you exposing yourself for being flabby and sick

these studios is not trying to cater to your taste or think your opinions matter
Nikka, I'm 22. Far from flabby and sick :mjlol:

I know what I'm talking about. You do know the OG Fresh Prince is on streaming services too? :mjlol:

Also, this new show IS a reboot. In case, you didn't know, a reboot is "a new start in an established fictional universe, work, or series that discards all continuity in order to recreate its characters, plotlines and backstory from the beginning". That's exactly what the new show is :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka, I'm 22. Far from flabby and sick :mjlol:

I know what I'm talking about. You do know the OG Fresh Prince is on streaming services too? :mjlol:

Also, this new show IS a reboot. In case, you didn't know, a reboot is "a new start in an established fictional universe, work, or series that discards all continuity in order to recreate its characters, plotlines and backstory from the beginning". That's exactly what the new show is :mjlol:

No it's this is a REMAKE, not a reboot

A reboot, it would be a sitcom called the fresh prince of bel of air

This is called Bel Air it's not the same show

You use the turn Re runs, 22 years old don't even know what a rerun

it's what this site has come to, you got static shock in your avi, a 22 year old and never watch no damn static shock

nobody born in 2001 gives a damn about Will Smith or the Fresh Prince of Bel Air show

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

I'm 29 (meaning I wasn't even born when it premiered and was 4 years old when it ended) EVERYONE my age was watching Fresh Prince on Nick @ Nite. You're showing your age and how ill-equipped you are for the subject by bringing up damn I LOVE LUCY.

By the mid-00s Nick @ Nite was showing shyt from the 90s, not no damn 50s shyt :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 29 (meaning I wasn't even born when it premiered and was 4 years old when it ended) EVERYONE my age was watching Fresh Prince on Nick @ Nite. You're showing your age and how ill-equipped you are for the subject by bringing up damn I LOVE LUCY.

By the mid-00s Nick @ Nite was showing shyt from the 90s, not no damn 50s shyt :mjlol:

Once again 29 is old nikka

I said there were adults who have never heard of that show, 18 year olds, 21 year olds, they was not watching nick and nite

you talking about nick and nite, nikka YOU OLD

a young nikka don't even know what that is

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Once again 29 is old nikka

I said there were adults who have never heard of that show, 18 year olds, 21 year olds, they was not watching nick and nite

you talking about nick and nite, nikka YOU OLD

a young nikka don't even know what that is
You just said my age group WASN'T watching Nick at Nite, when we were :mjlol:

Fresh Prince reruns are still on almost every damn channel to this day, not just Nick at Nite. BET, MTV, it's heavily advertised on HBO Max.

Like I said, my age group don't even have memories of Fresh Prince during its original run - we saw it entirely by reruns, and those reruns are even more ubiquitous now. Gen Z watches Friends, too, you really don't think they aren't watching Fresh Prince with how available it is and all the memes that are out there?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just said my age group WASN'T watching Nick at Nite, when we were :mjlol:

Fresh Prince reruns are still on almost every damn channel to this day, not just Nick at Nite. BET, MTV, it's heavily advertised on HBO Max.

Like I said, my age group don't even have memories of Fresh Prince during its original run - we saw it entirely by reruns, and those reruns are even more ubiquitous now. Gen Z watches Friends, too, you really don't think they aren't watching Fresh Prince with how available it is and all the memes that are out there?

I said young adults today, not you, you're not a young adult you second child hood ass nikka

you an old nikka now, welcome to the club

So becuae it's on MTV and HBO Max doesn't mean shyt, THEY ARE NOT CULTURAL ATTACHED TO THE SHOW IT'S NOT FROM THEIR ERA, they don't give a fukk that its being remade like its some kind of blasphemous action it's nothing scared to them

Old ass nikka, you ain't realized you was old nikka yet

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
No it's this is a REMAKE, not a reboot

A reboot, it would be a sitcom called the fresh prince of bel of air

This is called Bel Air it's not the same show

You use the turn Re runs, 22 years old don't even know what a rerun

it's what this site has come to, you got static shock in your avi, a 22 year old and never watch no damn static shock

nobody born in 2001 gives a damn about Will Smith or the Fresh Prince of Bel Air show
You're dumb. Wow :russ:

1. The new show is a reboot. I'm not arguing with you on that.

2. Also, do you think that I'm 12 or something? Why would I not know what a rerun is, you goofy?

3. Static Shock literally aired during my childhood. Of course, I watched it. How the hell are you going to tell me about my life? :russ:

4. OG Fresh Prince memes are literally all over social media. If you don't think that people born in 2001 know about the OG Fresh Prince, you're joking :mjlol: