The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:AIGHT nikkaS HATING
JUST TO BE HATING.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM CALLING
SOMETHING TRASH BUT
THIS DIDNT LOOK BAD AT ALL.

MAY TURN OUT TO BE MID
BUT NOTHING FROM THAT TRAILER
WAS A RED FLAG.

LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT SOME

GOOD ACTORS IN THIS.
:devil:
:evil:
And the stuff from the trailer is probably from the first 2-3 episodes.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This looks less like a reimagining of Fresh Prince and more like a reboot of The O.C. (Which oddly enough was basically a dramatic Fresh Prince knock off with white people)

Anyway, Pass.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't feel like this was a great trailer. The whole family looks so young. I'm still not sure about this but I have Peacock so I'll watch it.
yeah uncle phil look like he bout 35 how he gonna be giving them life lessons

but still i'll give it a shot

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't feel like this was a great trailer. The whole family looks so young. I'm still not sure about this but I have Peacock so I'll watch it.

yeah uncle phil look like he bout 35 how he gonna be giving them life lessons

but still i'll give it a shot

Black folk cant look young :mjpls:

A quick google search. Uncle Phil (1990) was 45 when the show started. Uncle Phil (2022) will be 48 soon.

Aunt Viv (1990) was 34 Aunt Viv (2022) is 43

As the saying goes black people who grew up in the 60s just looked older :manny:

:mjlol:AIGHT nikkaS HATING
JUST TO BE HATING.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM CALLING
SOMETHING TRASH BUT
THIS DIDNT LOOK BAD AT ALL.

MAY TURN OUT TO BE MID
BUT NOTHING FROM THAT TRAILER
WAS A RED FLAG.

LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT SOME

GOOD ACTORS IN THIS.
:devil:
:evil:
Yea people going overboard with the hate. This didnt look like no Tyler Perry's Fresh Prince the way the comments are reading.

It's a lot of pressure on the lead to have just an ounce of Will Smith's effortless charisma. This is gonna be rough :francis:
Now this is a legit issue/concern. Breh has to deliver :manny:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The trailer was aight...though like @Ribbs said, filling Will Smith's shoes is a HELL of a fukking task

THE biggest thing that made The Fresh Prince work was the chaos and fukkery that Will introduced to everybody and the effect that he had on anybody he encountered. He wasn't really pressed about moving to Bel-Air, to him it was like ":gladbron:Look at these bougie muhfukkas I'm finna eat!" Didn't give a fukk if they accepted him or not, he was gonna do his thing regardless.

But the impression I'm getting from this trailer is that the narrative focus is gonna swing the other way and that runs the risk of turning Will into a passive, reactive character rather than the active character that drives every plot.

Fresh Prince's premise just lends itself better to comedy with the occasional drama:yeshrug:

Also now I'm picking nits but as much as I love the use of Made You Look (Will's a big Nas fan) it's kinda tone deaf to have a show centered around a Philly nikka and use an NY rapper song for the trailer :pachaha: Meek? Beanie? Freeway? Roots? C'mon, son!

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The biggest issue for this show is that it's always going to be compared to the original. It will never live up to the original or be able to escape the OG's shadow.

They should have just made the same show but with different characters/not related to the Fresh Prince.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The biggest issue for this show is that it's always going to be compared to the original. It will never live up to the original or be able to escape the OG's shadow.

They should have just made the same show but with different characters/not related to the Fresh Prince.

There's a whole generation of adults who never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Will Smith is basically just Jaden Smith's Dad to them

yall have to realize nobody cares about the people who were fans of the old show, this show isn't for them