The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna check out an episode or two and then form an opinion. I don't see how anyone can have strong negative reactions off the trailer.

My only gripe is they have most of the cast looking like models. I hate when it looks like the casting was done off of headshots.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
no weaker than blind support just because it's a black person :childplease:

if people don't want notalgia and attachment to play into evaluating this, then don't reboot a product :ohhh:

rough kid going to live with rich family aint a unique concept, the creator could've easily created this same concept completely independent of Fresh Prince. poor kid from chicago goes live with bourgie family in buckhead and drama happens as he tries to fit with rich kids and find his way...voila
:unimpressed:
People would call it a Fresh Prince ripoff and shyt on it.

Y'all acting like Will didn't have a major hand in getting this project to this point, I don't even know why I'm going back and forth in this thread when the star of the original is going all out for this but salty Coli posters coming out with their pitchforks

:hhh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:unimpressed:
People would call it a Fresh Prince ripoff and shyt on it.

Y'all acting like Will didn't have a major hand in getting this project to this point, I don't even know why I'm going back and forth in this thread when the star of the original is going all out for this but salty Coli posters coming out with their pitchforks

:hhh:
so what will likes/supports means we're all supposed to like it? tell that to the latter half of his career :russ:

yall nikkas need to keep it movin getting bent over people who aint messing with it...like i said, go enjoy the show whenever it drops, it looks mid as a standalone product and a definite b*stardization of FP :ld:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so what will likes/supports means we're all supposed to like it? tell that to the latter half of his career :russ:

yall nikkas need to keep it movin getting bent over people who aint messing with it...like i said, go enjoy the show whenever it drops, it looks mid as a standalone product and a definite b*stardization of FP :ld:
The show isn't out yet
:skip:

I'm not even saying it's going to be fire, I'm saying if the only reason people are dismissing it is because it's a remake then that's lame. I'll let the show come out before calling it trash.

:manny:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rough kid going to live with rich family aint a unique concept, the creator could've easily created this same concept completely independent of Fresh Prince. poor kid from chicago goes live with bourgie family in buckhead and drama happens as he tries to fit with rich kids and find his way...voila
MV5BZDE5ZWFlNGUtNWExOC00NWJkLTljYzQtMTM0ZjBmNDIwNGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwNzM2Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Kevin's character went from Malibu to Philly.

Canceled after six episodes.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Kevin's character went from Malibu to Philly.

Canceled after six episodes.
and if Bel Air was being pitched in 2004 on traditional TV it'd be canceled after half a season too, conversely, if this Kevin Hart show comes out today, it gets 2-3 seasons on BET+, Prime or Hulu....times have changed, more shows being given life due to all the need for streaming content :manny:

Last edited: