The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Ashley’s character might serve one purpose but there’s no way you get after school special from watching this. Ashley’s parts are so small that no one even cares about her.

The main focus of the show is a strong black father doing what’s best for his family.
You literally said they have a character tackling every modern issue in society

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the wire came out in 2022 the Coli would absolutely despise that show all because of Omar.
No, because Omar was more than a gay character for the sake of diversity. His sexuality wasn't the only reason he was on the show. If you remove Ashley completely from Bel-Air the main story isn't impacted at all.

You literally have to rewrite major events for The Wire if you take Omar out. There's no comparison

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Another great episode...writing is just fantastic in this....

Some cliff notes

- Phil definitely a real one for that....yea thats his career dreams but he got a family in need thats more important and he putting on his big boy drawls to do whats neccesary

- Yall making a mountain out a mole hill with the Ashley shyt, it was at best 5 mins of screen time in a 50 min episode...didn't take away much from the episode at all.

- Lisa a fukking lame for that.....she acting like dude killed somebody....especially when she didn't even ask why he did what he did. She talk so much shyt about her father but she acting just like him

- Carlton cool as fukk and really having a great character development session

- Loved the OG Aunt Viv and Vy cameo...still hoping we get Will as Lou Smith

- Jazz deadass smashing Hillary :gladbron:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
She's not even a character. She's a talking point.

Yep. They did everything I was hoping they wouldn’t do with Ashley. I knew as soon as they mentioned her orientation that she was just a box to check because we didn’t even get to know this version of Ashley.

It’s extra trash because the OG Ashley was a dope character even in the first season. 9 episodes in and I wouldn’t even be mad if they Judy Winslow’ed this one since they aren’t gonna give her anything to do of substance.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Another great episode...writing is just fantastic in this....

Some cliff notes

- Phil definitely a real one for that....yea thats his career dreams but he got a family in need thats more important and he putting on his big boy drawls to do whats neccesary

- Yall making a mountain out a mole hill with the Ashley shyt, it was at best 5 mins of screen time in a 50 min episode...didn't take away much from the episode at all.

- Lisa a fukking lame for that.....she acting like dude killed somebody....especially when she didn't even ask why he did what he did. She talk so much shyt about her father but she acting just like him

- Carlton cool as fukk and really having a great character development session

- Loved the OG Aunt Viv and Vy cameo...still hoping we get Will as Lou Smith

- Jazz deadass smashing Hillary :gladbron:

It was five minutes too much :hhh:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Binge watched over the weekend just some thoughts..

Everyone is the EXACT opposite of how they were portrayed on the show except Will :russ:

Wills friend from philly tray is rhe type of nikka you can be cool with growing up, bur you gotta bush as soon as you get on your grown man ish. He a crab in the barrell azz nikka. A smile in your face all the time wanna take your place ass nikka. Backstsbbers

Geffrey aint done 1 butler thing since he carried Wills bag to now being double O negro. I fukks with it though. He was gonna turn off michael ealy water before phil bushed him :russ:

Will was straight wrong for fukking with lisa once he found out her abd carlton dated. Period. Leave it alone. She should not of been his ex just someone will met. I didnt like that.

Jazz getting hillary is still :mjlol: to me. Shyts weird.

Will is def playing Lou

OG viv rubbing that picture of OG Phil was :mjcry: for sure. Its crazy the original aunt vi could still be Wills mom but the woman they casted is perfect.

Cocaine Carlton is :mjlol: i wonder how Alfonso feels about that shyt

So are there only 2 banks sisters now? There were 4 of them in the OG show. Are we gonna get Uncle Phils parents? I would love to see JEJ james earl play the father.