Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Would likely actually be a terrible interview but it would be a good look for Math’s podcast for sure. As someone who never really “got it” with Math as a battler (got him higher than Verb on my list though lol), it’s really dope that he’s found such success with this podcast. Obviously Con has probably seen the most success out of battle rap, but it’s extra special considering Math spearheaded this situation.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quilly not even better than Surf musically. His freestyle is below Surf shyt on Bars on i95
It's okay to prefer Surfs freestyle but both are classics. There are thousands of freestyles that aren't as good as either of those. And yeah you're not able to build a logical argument here off your preference.
Quite a few NJ rappers are influenced by Philly rappers. If you believe Surf doesn't listen to stuff like this then......

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally saw the surf/tez battle in bootleg and this is after i see he bit the freestyle. I got it tez 2-1 taking the last 2. i could see if someone penalizes and auto gives tez the first now cause of the biting but even though tez had a solid round, i just think surf material was better his performance etc. even if you remove the parts he bit i still got him taking it. those werent even my fav bars of his round anyway. the second is clear to tez. surf round started good but fizzled out.

what im suprised by is people auto giving surf the 3rd. i have tez pretty clear. his bars werw way better. surf had nothing in his round as good as the shot at chess for example. surf shyt was lot of jokes too and just random like clowning than crazy bars or performance IMO

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would likely actually be a terrible interview but it would be a good look for Math’s podcast for sure. As someone who never really “got it” with Math as a battler (got him higher than Verb on my list though lol), it’s really dope that he’s found such success with this podcast. Obviously Con has probably seen the most success out of battle rap, but it’s extra special considering Math spearheaded this situation.

Math did it the right way. He started out interviewing battlers, and slowly branched out. Using battle rap as a stepping stone is a formula for success IMO. You've seen Queenzflip do it, and PSA although at a lower level. He's showing the formula, you start with the battlers, then go after the street emcees, etc ,

This is where Mook fukked up at. Instead of building up a fanbase, he went tried to go straight to the top without building it up. The podcast was terrible anyway. Same issue with Verb's attempt at a podcast. How are y'all not gonna use battle rap to build your shyt up? That's what you're known for.

The great thing about Math's show is that he doesn't even need guest. He can do a good show with the crew he has in there.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math did it the right way. He started out interviewing battlers, and slowly branched out. Using battle rap as a stepping stone is a formula for success IMO. You've seen Queenzflip do it, and PSA although at a lower level. He's showing the formula, you start with the battlers, then go after the street emcees, etc ,

This is where Mook fukked up at. Instead of building up a fanbase, he went tried to go straight to the top without building it up. The podcast was terrible anyway. Same issue with Verb's attempt at a podcast. How are y'all not gonna use battle rap to build your shyt up? That's what you're known for.

The great thing about Math's show is that he doesn't even need guest. He can do a good show with the crew he has in there.

‘and math a real one. Not corny or mad extra and animated like mook, Rex, and some of these other cats