Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
He put it out there because Surf is running around social media trying to paint a different narrative as usual.

He did this with JC. First it was "JC ducked me" then it was "Drake aint want him on the card" I really hop somebody yolk this nikka up for real. And fans went with that shyt.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yea theres a level of "oh nah....this nikka spazzin" that they just cannot get too.

DNA, John John. Cortez in that same boat too, which is why Surf is gonna split his shyt in a couple weeks.

There's probably like 3 rounds btwn these ppl combined over 10+ years that I ever have the urge to go revisit
DNA and Cortez have had amazing rounds. You just don't like them, or weren't paying attention.

TODD, :manny:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
*Start Rant*

It perplexes me to no end with guys like Lux, Goodz, Verb, Hollow, Mook…when more current battlers want to battle them they have to paint these narratives of “you haven’t been good since…” “you only battle once/twice a year”…yet at the same time they are desperate for these battles and see them as “endgame”. It’s lame & a contradiction. Watching DNA try to bait Lux on this live with Nunu and DNA looking dumb when Lux is basically like “:beli: you bore me…but I’ll do it for the money”. Why are you shocked? YOU see him as endgame…not the other way around. They expect them to get anxious to battle after the “you ain’t been good in 10 years” angle and when it doesn’t work, they look stupid.

also watching Surf look dumb by admitting that Goodz is a $100K worthy battle but then acting like Goodz HAS to battle Eazy first. Why wouldn’t you jump on the $100K battle? Goodz has to “prove” himself to get what you already admit is an enticing endgame battle? Kinda dumb shyt is that? Is these guys are as unimportant in this generation as y’all claim when painting these narratives, get off their dikks and stop playing these games to get these battles. Move on from them…treat them as irrelevant as y’all claim they are.

*End Rant*

I had to get that off my chest. The annoying narratives, Spaces arguments, etc. are why I don’t follow battle rap as closely or post here as much nowadays.

It's really DNA has got an issue with Lux not feeling his style from those Lions Den days. I remember I saw an interview or two and I was like ah so DNA feels a way about that. Lux hasn't changed his opinion too much about DNA it seems.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
DNA and Cortez have had amazing rounds. You just don't like them, or weren't paying attention.

TODD, :manny:

Outside of the Factz battle, DNA has never had a round of material that was "wow" to me. He has definitely stepped his pen though the last 2-3 years or so, I'll give him that.

And IMO, Cortez was never as bad DNA or TODD have been at times. But like I said before, he's never had a round where I was like damn this nikka wilin. I think maybe the closest time I felt like that was his battle vs Prez awhile back.

If you fans of them, more power to you. They just don't do it for me

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
How yall feel about DNA and Arthur is how I feel about K Shine. Dude is ass. nikka has NEVER spit a hotline EVER

Earlier K-Shine (the one 30ed DNA & JJDD all the way up to Verb) actually had bars IMO. That said he’s been way more flash than substance and living off performance and gas alone for AT LEAST the past 4 years.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's really DNA has got an issue with Lux not feeling his style from those Lions Den days. I remember I saw an interview or two and I was like ah so DNA feels a way about that. Lux hasn't changed his opinion too much about DNA it seems.

Lux is really entertaining battling DNA. I doubt he would consider battling him if he felt the same way.

Let’s put it like this. Mickey never had interest in battling DNA. Once he saw the Big Kannon battle, that changed everything. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a battle that stood out and Lux was like, you know what, I’ll battle this nygga.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why isn't Serius Jones held in the same mythical regard (unwarranted as it may be) as Lux, Mook...even Hollow and Rex?

I love all 4 but it's clear they bleed, and that's an understatement. 3 of them have been punished and embarrassed before...and the other one apparently doesn't know how to captivate a crowd and puts people to sleep. Serius never had any of them problems. Is it really all because he isn't likable? That's crazy.