Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I get it, but you’re looking way too deep into it. DNA can think Lux has been lackluster but yet want to battle him. It is what it is.
moral of the story is you have to turn your brain off listening to battler logic :francis: even on the most surface of levels the shyt is just DNA's ego trying to mask the fact that Lux is still superman to him. Im just happy these nikkas are making decent money cuz alot of em wouldn't have made it in any other professional setting :heh:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I get it, but you’re looking way too deep into it. DNA can think Lux has been lackluster but yet want to battle him. It is what it is.

Nah I just think it’s corny but whatever. If the battle actually happens, good on DNA.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Who is this dude talking in the Reed vs Ill Will battle. He is forgetting this isn't about him. Straight messing the battle up.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
*Start Rant*

It perplexes me to no end with guys like Lux, Goodz, Verb, Hollow, Mook…when more current battlers want to battle them they have to paint these narratives of “you haven’t been good since…” “you only battle once/twice a year”…yet at the same time they are desperate for these battles and see them as “endgame”. It’s lame & a contradiction. Watching DNA try to bait Lux on this live with Nunu and DNA looking dumb when Lux is basically like “:beli: you bore me…but I’ll do it for the money”. Why are you shocked? YOU see him as endgame…not the other way around. They expect them to get anxious to battle after the “you ain’t been good in 10 years” angle and when it doesn’t work, they look stupid.

also watching Surf look dumb by admitting that Goodz is a $100K worthy battle but then acting like Goodz HAS to battle Eazy first. Why wouldn’t you jump on the $100K battle? Goodz has to “prove” himself to get what you already admit is an enticing endgame battle? Kinda dumb shyt is that? Is these guys are as unimportant in this generation as y’all claim when painting these narratives, get off their dikks and stop playing these games to get these battles. Move on from them…treat them as irrelevant as y’all claim they are.

*End Rant*

I had to get that off my chest. The annoying narratives, Spaces arguments, etc. are why I don’t follow battle rap as closely or post here as much nowadays.
It’s because none of them actually believe what they’re saying, they just know the fan base is gullible enough to buy into it. At best guys are jealous of the status a Mook or Lux has and want to be able to command top money while picking to battle whenever they want.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
It is what it is, not even sure why he felt the need to put all of that out there. Everybody always has their personal reasons to turn down battles, and a certain portion of fans always call it ducking, depending on whether or not they like the person.

He put it out there because Surf is running around social media trying to paint a different narrative as usual.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
nikka is just too plain in a creative field like this to ever really stand on top. Him and TODD are never gonna be those guys no matter how many people they beat :yeshrug: they look better on stat sheets than they do if you were to just watch them

Yea theres a level of "oh nah....this nikka spazzin" that they just cannot get too.

DNA, John John. Cortez in that same boat too, which is why Surf is gonna split his shyt in a couple weeks.

There's probably like 3 rounds btwn these ppl combined over 10+ years that I ever have the urge to go revisit

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea theres a level of "oh nah....this nikka spazzin" that they just cannot get too.

DNA, John John. Cortez in that same boat too, which is why Surf is gonna split his shyt in a couple weeks.

There's probably like 3 rounds btwn these ppl combined over 10+ years that I ever have the urge to go revisit

You're being too nice, John John & DNA don't even have a quotable VERSE in 10 years.. They are literally Smack's sons.