Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Look I get not be able to deliver on a stage. What is Jae’s excuse about the small room though where you can just rap? Dude doesn’t say anything fire. Just so mediocre.
The thing is, Jae Millz was never really lyrically nice. He was always super basic and regular. He just had A+++ delivery and confidence in his prime. And now that we have a bunch of people who do that, WITH bars, he just seems even more regular.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is, Jae Millz was never really lyrically nice. He was always super basic and regular. He just had A+++ delivery and confidence in his prime. And now that we have a bunch of people who do that, WITH bars, he just seems even more regular.

yes indeed

Who should he be studying? Someone like Goodz?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yes indeed

Who should he be studying? Someone like Goodz?
Good question. I feel like with Goodz, his style is hard to mimic because it's a natural fit for him. You can tell that's really him. I don't know if Millz can play the cool/mature rule and it seem authentic. He's not a fly nikka and he's not really mature or super street.

I honestly think his best path is to start hanging with newer guys and learning how to craft his rounds in the modern era. I would suggest joining a BR group. Spar, go over material, and take criticism. He doesn't need to sound like a new battler, but he can't survive without upping his bars. He's really going to have to work on getting more clever, which just takes practice.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't recommend it, Jae Millz isn't on that fly shyt like Goodz from what I can tell these dayz. Millz is more street. He need to study Geechi
The thing with Millz is, he's not super street, he's not a get fresh nikka or a big time get money nikka. lol. His path is gonna be rough. He can always get booked because of his stature in the culture, but unless he works on them bars, he won't ever advance passed RBE undercard/mainevent smaller card status.