Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
nikkas tryna force this DNA shyt, but the legends in the game don't respect him as such. Biden commericals, professionalism, whatever, they don't find him a worth enough opponent. I think that's the biggest tell-tale or where actually ranks and how he's actually perceived.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
nikkas tryna force this DNA shyt, but the legends in the game don't respect him as such. Biden commericals, professionalism, whatever, they don't find him a worth enough opponent. I think that's the biggest tell-tale or where actually ranks and how he's actually perceived.
First impressions are damn near impossible to shake.

Most of his peers first saw DNA as a teen rapper, who came off corny and unbelievable. It's hard to break that stigma.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First impressions are damn near impossible to shake.

Most of his peers first saw DNA as a teen rapper, who came off corny and unbelievable. It's hard to break that stigma.
He hasn't done that much to break it though. DNA's calling card is his consistency and incremental improvements, but he's never been at a level where any other battler should be like, Yeah, I'm worried DNA's A game could kill my C game.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
*Start Rant*

It perplexes me to no end with guys like Lux, Goodz, Verb, Hollow, Mook…when more current battlers want to battle them they have to paint these narratives of “you haven’t been good since…” “you only battle once/twice a year”…yet at the same time they are desperate for these battles and see them as “endgame”. It’s lame & a contradiction. Watching DNA try to bait Lux on this live with Nunu and DNA looking dumb when Lux is basically like “:beli: you bore me…but I’ll do it for the money”. Why are you shocked? YOU see him as endgame…not the other way around. They expect them to get anxious to battle after the “you ain’t been good in 10 years” angle and when it doesn’t work, they look stupid.

also watching Surf look dumb by admitting that Goodz is a $100K worthy battle but then acting like Goodz HAS to battle Eazy first. Why wouldn’t you jump on the $100K battle? Goodz has to “prove” himself to get what you already admit is an enticing endgame battle? Kinda dumb shyt is that? Is these guys are as unimportant in this generation as y’all claim when painting these narratives, get off their dikks and stop playing these games to get these battles. Move on from them…treat them as irrelevant as y’all claim they are.

*End Rant*

I had to get that off my chest. The annoying narratives, Spaces arguments, etc. are why I don’t follow battle rap as closely or post here as much nowadays.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
*Start Rant*

It perplexes me to no end with guys like Lux, Goodz, Verb, Hollow, Mook…when more current battlers want to battle them they have to paint these narratives of “you haven’t been good since…” “you only battle once/twice a year”…yet at the same time they are desperate for these battles and see them as “endgame”. It’s lame & a contradiction. Watching DNA try to bait Lux on this live with Nunu and DNA looking dumb when Lux is basically like “:beli: you bore me…but I’ll do it for the money”. Why are you shocked? YOU see him as endgame…not the other way around. They expect them to get anxious to battle after the “you ain’t been good in 10 years” angle and when it doesn’t work, they look stupid.

also watching Surf look dumb by admitting that Goodz is a $100K worthy battle but then acting like Goodz HAS to battle Eazy first. Why wouldn’t you jump on the $100K battle? Goodz has to “prove” himself to get what you already admit is an enticing endgame battle? Kinda dumb shyt is that? Is these guys are as unimportant in this generation as y’all claim when painting these narratives, get off their dikks and stop playing these games to get these battles. Move on from them…treat them as irrelevant as y’all claim they are.

*End Rant*

I had to get that off my chest. The annoying narratives, Spaces arguments, etc. are why I don’t follow battle rap as closely or post here as much nowadays.
I always said that was the dumbest shyt ever

"You're not good to me/overrated, but I'm desperately trying to battle you" is nonsensical. And the excuse of "The fans think you are on this pedestal" for a reason to want the battle is equally as stupid.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*Start Rant*

*End Rant*

Those “end game” guys will get them their biggest payday and increase their status. Of course they want to battle them, regardless of their thoughts on their skill level.

So two things can be true. I can think Mook is terrible, but yet want to battle him, because no one has really got him out of there like they should have.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Those “end game” guys will get them their biggest payday and increase their status. Of course they want to battle them, regardless of their thoughts on their skill level.

So two things can be true. I can think Mook is terrible, but yet want to battle him, because no one has really got him out of there like they should have.

It’s a contradiction no matter how you slice it. How is it an increase in status if “this generation doesn’t care about Mook” as they claim?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a contradiction no matter how you slice it. How is it an increase in status if “this generation doesn’t care about Mook” as they claim?

I get where you’re coming from, but guys will always target the opponents that will net them their biggest payday. It’s business.

As far as your question, I’m sure there are fans 30 and under that don’t give a damn about Mook. There’s still nyggas 30 and up who enjoy him. Very odd question

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I get where you’re coming from, but guys will always target the opponents that will net them their biggest payday. It’s business.

I understand the intention full and well. What I’m saying is it looks weird as hell when you’re obviously desperate for something and trying to downplay it at the same time.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the intention full and well. What I’m saying is it looks weird as hell when you’re obviously desperate for something and trying to downplay it at the same time.

I get it, but you’re looking way too deep into it. DNA can think Lux has been lackluster but yet want to battle him. It is what it is.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The real problem is DNA's inability to shake that anxious angry adolescent energy

Overall he is just as "skilled" as all the other top guys.
nikka is just too plain in a creative field like this to ever really stand on top. Him and TODD are never gonna be those guys no matter how many people they beat :yeshrug: they look better on stat sheets than they do if you were to just watch them