Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree, but DNA deserves it
DNA pretty much deserves any matchup he wants. There’s no look that’s too “big” for him at this point. But he’s still not a very good rapper. DNA is the Reggie Miller of battle rap - he’s a HOFer, he’s had huge moments, he’s respected by his fans and peers, and he’s even come to close to winning championships. But he’s just not anywhere near as good as the other greats, and his consistency probably has him at a leave above where he really is just based on talent. All of his contemporary superstars are better than him.

Is DNA the worst universally recognized top tier battler??

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DNA pretty much deserves any matchup he wants. There’s no look that’s too “big” for him at this point. But he’s still not a very good rapper. DNA is the Reggie Miller of battle rap - he’s a HOFer, he’s had huge moments, he’s respected by his fans and peers, and he’s even come to close to winning championships. But he’s just not anywhere near as good as the other greats, and his consistency probably has him at a leave above where he really is just based on talent. All of his contemporary superstars are better than him.

Is DNA the worst universally recognized top tier battler??

John John

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I think Lux is the lyricism tree, Mook is the angle/punchline with street talk, and Rex is the drug dealer/real talk tree

Would there be a tree for freestyles/rebuttals?
Would Clips or DNA be at the top of that?

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
couldn’t beat King Los.

would have an uphill battle vs Lux

Right?!?? Los was on one in that battle.

The real problem is DNA's inability to shake that anxious angry adolescent energy

Overall he is just as "skilled" as all the other top guys.

THIS. See when he battled Verb, he looked crazy to me. Like the game that Verb was droppin’ in comparison to DNA’s rounds, it miles ahead to me of what DNA was saying. But he is skilled. I give him that.