Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DNA vs Mook makes so much more sense imo

I think Lux is targeted more then Mook, because he’s viewed as a more attainable battle. I’m sure the battlers enjoy his rapping more, but you can realistically get a Lux battle. It’s damn near impossible to get a Mook battle. It’s seems like everything has to be right. That isn’t necessarily the case with Lux, as there was limited prep time for the Geechi battle. There is no way Mook does that battle, which is why he declined the card.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This is how DNA gets called for a battle

Handi-Man-Living-Color-Wayans-h3.jpg

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I fully understand DNA gunning for lux

But man I don't want to see that one smh

yeah considering the history, i get it. i'm like get it out of the way for real.

DNA vs Mook makes so much more sense imo

this too, low key but is there a big demand for it.

The definition of a battle no one asked for :mjcry: Would much rather see him vs JC

for the fans, the JC battle makes sense. DNA and Lux is a grudge match but not something we remember as being one.

I still can’t see what y’all see, and I try my best to see it. DNA is terrible. Consistent. But terrible. Better than he used to be. But terrible.

Me and you get into it alot but that right there is super facts. LOL. I don't think he is that terrible but he doesn't give me that "wow" factor alot either.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
DNA is like the period of time youngins were trying to make lil wayne the best rapper alive.

Truth was lil wayne could spit but those of us who came up in that golden era of mcs of Biggie, Redman, Nas, raekwon, ras Kas, canibus, big pun, Eminem, black thought, common, etc knew lil wayne was just average at best but he was popular among a new crop of music fans who propped him up.

DNA has a lot of new comers to battle rap that like him. My kids are just now getting into battle rap the past few years and their favorites are the more visible guys like DNA clips and hitman. Me who been watching battle rap since lions den grind time, fight klub hell I go back to supernatural vs Craig g and Eminem vs juice lol I'm not impressed with DNA, at all.

But to be fair I'm not saying DNA doesn't deserve a lux look. He been here for a long time never choked and has always had 3 rounds. But I rather see lux vs quite a few other guys jc being on the top of the list. Daylyt another one. Hell i still want to see lux vs iron Solomon. Lux vs nitty would be great. Lux vs chess imo would be better. I just can't see a great battle coming from lux vs DNA.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
DNA is like the period of time youngins were trying to make lil wayne the best rapper alive.

Truth was lil wayne could spit but those of us who came up in that golden era of mcs of Biggie, Redman, Nas, raekwon, ras Kas, canibus, big pun, Eminem, black thought, common, etc knew lil wayne was just average at best but he was popular among a new crop of music fans who propped him up.

DNA has a lot of new comers to battle rap that like him. My kids are just now getting into battle rap the past few years and their favorites are the more visible guys like DNA clips and hitman. Me who been watching battle rap since lions den grind time, fight klub hell I go back to supernatural vs Craig g and Eminem vs juice lol I'm not impressed with DNA, at all.

But to be fair I'm not saying DNA doesn't deserve a lux look. He been here for a long time never choked and has always had 3 rounds. But I rather see lux vs quite a few other guys jc being on the top of the list. Daylyt another one. Hell i still want to see lux vs iron Solomon. Lux vs nitty would be great. Lux vs chess imo would be better. I just can't see a great battle coming from lux vs DNA.
The accuracy of this post :wow::wow::wow:
Rep headed your way bro :salute:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

ah i remember Jozeemo. he got into it with 9th Wonder.
didn't know he battled.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Elaborate

Their styles mesh better for a battle. Lux and DNA is just a weird match up. In battle rap, guys usually come from three trees: The Mook tree, the Lux tree, and the Rex tree. I feel like DNA is from the Mook tree.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their styles mesh better for a battle. Lux and DNA is just a weird match up. In battle rap, guys usually come from three trees: The Mook tree, the Lux tree, and the Rex tree. I feel like DNA is from the Mook tree.

How would you describe those trees :jbhmm: This is something I've been thinking about as well.

Lux obviously represents sheer lyricism and content, and Rex represents the streets and aggression, but what about Mook? I guess he's like a mix of both with a heavy focus on angles, but Lux does angles as well. I do agree that every battle rapper after them fall into one or more of those categories pioneered by Mook/Lux/Rex

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree 100% this battle just doesn't feel right and I have a feeling it's gonna be a stinker. :mjcry:

Though, I also thought that iron solomon/rum nitty was gonna be trash, and that turned out to be a classic, so who knows I could be wrong. but man, Lux/nitty or Lux/JC are just much better battles :sob:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
How would you describe those trees :jbhmm: This is something I've been thinking about as well.

Lux obviously represents sheer lyricism and content, and Rex represents the streets and aggression, but what about Mook? I guess he's like a mix of both with a heavy focus on angles, but Lux does angles as well. I do agree that every battle rapper after them fall into one or more of those categories pioneered by Mook/Lux/Rex

I think Lux is the lyricism tree, Mook is the angle/punchline with street talk, and Rex is the drug dealer/real talk tree

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Watched Geechi vs Chess aye these fans retarded. The way the fan said "fukk GUCCI" when Chess got to that bar was funny lolololololol that was probably @Black Bolt

Chess beat that man