Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
If the other leagues aren't financially capable of getting a top battler to remain loyal to them, what do you expect them to do? URL does 20 + events. URL can give a guy like Charron 3 battles in 2 months because they can. KOTD couldn't afford to keep him. But URL can afford to keep him even if it's just to keep him away from RBE.
Most these other leagues are emptying out their accounts to pay for url/ex url names to be on their fliers to get the quick views and attention to recoup their money back. Let's be honest here. They could take a quarter of that money find their own talent and properly brand and market those guys then spend more money to keep them from url. Instead these guys want to skip the line and jump from something to nothing and produce a url nome or summer madness kind of card then disappear.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
The jump in the water thing was silly. But overall DNA showed flaws in Hollow's character. Hollow is holier than thou 99% of the time, THAT is why all of this matters. Hollow couldn't respond to him in some instances because it would lead to Hollow doing exactly what DNA predicted.

I get that, but at the same time. DNA's own flawed logic (or just outright bizarre lines) might get him killed here

"you lost your last six battles" I don't think even he agrees with that.

"you not a street nikka" DNA is the last person to be saying this

Hollow being suspect is definitely a good angle to take though. I like that DNA is attacking with that. Problem is, DNA is battling one of the few people that can "lil nikka" him.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps

It was clearly hyperbole to hammer home the point, that Hollow is washed.

Not counting 2 on 2's or Quarantine battles his last 6 are:

Shine
Nitty
Danny
Math
JJDD
Ars

Granted he clearly beat Shine and Ars, how many of those 6 were you truly impressed with?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that, but at the same time. DNA's own flawed logic (or just outright bizarre lines) might get him killed here

"you not a street nikka" DNA is the last person to be saying this

Hollow being suspect is definitely a good angle to take though. I like that DNA is attacking with that. Problem is, DNA is battling one of the few people that can "lil nikka" him.

I agree with all of this.

Hollow beat Rum Nitty & Shine.

I guess people forget Hollow coming home from prison vs Surf looking like he'd been on vacation.

I think Hollow being able to lil nikka DNA will translate better in the ring. DNA can't rebuttal everything he says if they have time limits.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was clearly hyperbole to hammer home the point, that Hollow is washed.

Not counting 2 on 2's or Quarantine battles his last 6 are:

Shine
Nitty
Danny
Math
JJDD
Ars

Granted he clearly beat Shine and Ars, how many of those 6 were you truly impressed with?

You can't be washed coming off of wins vs K-Shine & Rum Nitty. I don't think fans should allow battlers to hide behind perception. Neither battle was great, but he won both.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All the DNA haters hearing that he helped Hollow with arguably his best battle (Lux)

brat-mad.gif
Half a line :stopitslime:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The jump in the water thing was silly. But overall DNA showed flaws in Hollow's character. Hollow is holier than thou 99% of the time, THAT is why all of this matters. Hollow couldn't respond to him in some instances because it would lead to Hollow doing exactly what DNA predicted.
Holier than tho :gucci:
How can u say that after the Math battle
Hollow was looking shaky in the light

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
What I meant is that he has a holier than thou act. Math exposed his hypocrisy. After that he still tried to paint himself as some sort of anti industry rebel.
nikka suggested DNA was OD for selling PS5's after making 100,00 and should donate them.

Clown ass nikka got WTF moments/dry spots in a faceoff

:pachaha:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
nikka suggested DNA was OD for selling PS5's after making 100,00 and should donate them.

Clown ass nikka got WTF moments/dry spots in a faceoff

:pachaha:
I think they was both cap. DNA didn't make 100K off music and Hollow was trying hard to figure out a way to make DNA look contradictary, but was failing. DNA was more logical in the faceoff. But I could tell when Hollow called him a nerd, it was getting to him. He did the fake smile/laugh off shyt that nikkas do when they feel a way about something you said.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Hollow hasn't been doing bad as of late (even though the battles weren't over the top great) but let's keep it real...y'all don't fukk with Hollow. Lol. So it's clear you'll want him to lose or just have him losing. I feel like DNA has this same effect. Once again, it's a Ken vs. Ryu match. I think they both have enough angles on each other to make this a good battle. I am shocked this didn't happen years ago but I would have assumed it would have been friendly fire.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

14:11

When SB is in the building, you can tell they hurr
Yup, that's clurr! A bytch nikka? Ahh, I can smell they furr
So Nick better walk light like a LA Gurr

lmfao-lmao.gif

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
I think they was both cap. DNA didn't make 100K off music and Hollow was trying hard to figure out a way to make DNA look contradictary, but was failing. DNA was more logical in the faceoff. But I could tell when Hollow called him a nerd, it was getting to him. He did the fake smile/laugh off shyt that nikkas do when they feel a way about something you said.
Right, nobody in the BRC or rap industry believed that laughable claim.

But Hollow was so pressed to combat his claim, he ended up coming off as corny as Nadeska asking Soulja Boy, "why do you have so many businesses".In what world is 100k kick ya feet up money?

I have an eerie feeling that this battle is going to be won by the one with less cringe moments, but there will be many from both sides

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most these other leagues are emptying out their accounts to pay for url/ex url names to be on their fliers to get the quick views and attention to recoup their money back. Let's be honest here. They could take a quarter of that money find their own talent and properly brand and market those guys then spend more money to keep them from url. Instead these guys want to skip the line and jump from something to nothing and produce a url nome or summer madness kind of card then disappear.
You’re really underestimating the amount of money and time it would actually take a league to really compete with the URL. URL is basically the NBA of battle rap.

Taking a quarter of that money to find their own talent then to market them then pay them to keep them sounds nice in theory but isn’t even that realistic. For one, that’s a several year commitment where you’re gonna have to lose money before you can even start to recoup, which means somebody’s gotta front that starter money. Then if you are able to create an actual star, how do you plan on keeping them from just going to URL to battle anyway?? You would just be building up an asset for someone else to cash in on.