Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get that, but at the same time. DNA's own flawed logic (or just outright bizarre lines) might get him killed here

"you lost your last six battles" I don't think even he agrees with that.

"you not a street nikka" DNA is the last person to be saying this

Hollow being suspect is definitely a good angle to take though. I like that DNA is attacking with that. Problem is, DNA is battling one of the few people that can "lil nikka" him.
Hollow said DNA wasn’t a street nikka first, DNA was just responding to that. DNA isn’t claiming to be street, nobody thinks he is, and he never acts tough, so Hollow telling him he's not street is dumb as fukk, and easy to respond to since Hollow switches from bragging about his street resume to claiming that he’s not street at all anymore depending on the argument he’s making that day.

Hollow can’t lil nikka DNA at this point either (particularly after the last few years). The John John and Math battles essentially took away Hollow’s aura in the same way the Cal battle took away Pat’s. It’s not 2011 anymore. This angle that Hollow is obviously planning to use (“I remember when you were little dusty dirty DNA ten years ago”) doesn’t even feel right considering Hollow is someone who always is bragging about his growth.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You’re really underestimating the amount of money and time it would actually take a league to really compete with the URL. URL is basically the NBA of battle rap.

Taking a quarter of that money to find their own talent then to market them then pay them to keep them sounds nice in theory but isn’t even that realistic. For one, that’s a several year commitment where you’re gonna have to lose money before you can even start to recoup, which means somebody’s gotta front that starter money. Then if you are able to create an actual star, how do you plan on keeping them from just going to URL to battle anyway?? You would just be building up an asset for someone else to cash in on.
Big facts. To put it in wrestling terms, this is equivalent to when WCW died and nobody thought another company would ever be a legit comp for the WWE, just because the amount of money, time and effort you'd have to allocate to the brand, without them just going to the big leagues when you build them up wasn't worth it. it took 20 years and a multi-billionaire to pull it off (AEW). And they're still a distant second.

You would need someone willing to lose millions of dollars over the first 5-6 years with the hope of eventually surpassing URL.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know what to expect from DNA/Hollow. It could either be a dope conversation or a stinker, which is more likely.

I do think DNA is the safe pick. There’s obvious angles on Hollow and DNA is well rounded and good enough to execute them.

DNA also has more awareness of what works and doesn’t work IMO.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall see this battle rap blogger dude going crazy on Swave Sevah? That's the most disrespectful video I think I ever seen, :picard:. Swave gonna have to prove all that Shaolin Temple Bruce Leroy hot shyt he be talkin now...or not do anything but stop talking it. This guy went above and beyond disrespect, :scust:.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re really underestimating the amount of money and time it would actually take a league to really compete with the URL. URL is basically the NBA of battle rap.

Taking a quarter of that money to find their own talent then to market them then pay them to keep them sounds nice in theory but isn’t even that realistic. For one, that’s a several year commitment where you’re gonna have to lose money before you can even start to recoup, which means somebody’s gotta front that starter money. Then if you are able to create an actual star, how do you plan on keeping them from just going to URL to battle anyway?? You would just be building up an asset for someone else to cash in on.

Big facts. To put it in wrestling terms, this is equivalent to when WCW died and nobody thought another company would ever be a legit comp for the WWE, just because the amount of money, time and effort you'd have to allocate to the brand, without them just going to the big leagues when you build them up wasn't worth it. it took 20 years and a multi-billionaire to pull it off (AEW). And they're still a distant second.

You would need someone willing to lose millions of dollars over the first 5-6 years with the hope of eventually surpassing URL.

basically, it's too late for anyone to hope to surpass URL at this point. URL pretty much has the juice now and dictates the culture because Smack got in on the ground floor (quite frankly he helped build the ground floor). URL will have to fold like Grindtime did for anyone to stand a chance of taking over

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall see this battle rap blogger dude going crazy on Swave Sevah? That's the most disrespectful video I think I ever seen, :picard:. Swave gonna have to prove all that Shaolin Temple Bruce Leroy hot shyt he be talkin now...or not do anything but stop talking it. This guy went above and beyond disrespect, :scust:.
Link...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
basically, it's too late for anyone to hope to surpass URL at this point. URL pretty much has the juice now and dictates the culture because Smack got in on the ground floor (quite frankly he helped build the ground floor). URL will have to fold like Grindtime did for anyone to stand a chance of taking over
Pretty much. There's just no way for someone to catch up, because obviously you can't go back in time and get in at the beginning again. To really compete with URL at this time it would take a level of investment -- time wise, money wise, etc. -- that would be damn near impossible to recoup on in any reasonable time period. It would basically take a billionaire who has some kind of personal vendetta against Smack to pull it of lol.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Charron out here trying to be like Bobby Axelrod from Billions and shyt.
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Coquitlam, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - February 17, 2022) - Greenbriar Capital Corp. (TSXV: GRB) (OTC Pink: GERBRF) ("Greenbriar") is pleased to announce that communications experts Corey Charron, and Hewa Rahmani, have joined the Greenbriar Capital Corp Board of Advisors.

Corey and Hewa are experts in both communications and marketing and the company will greatly benefit from their excellent guidance and leadership on branding, communications and public outreach. The company is thrilled to have their expertise direct and lead Greenbriar into its next chapter of growth.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Link?