Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Jag burning bridges with everyone. He burned bridges with KOTD by dismissing their tournament. Burned bridges with Diz/Lush because they fought to get him on the card, so they probably won’t book him on their new league.

I think the URL would book him out of spite.

The fact that RBE can even create an event like this is crazy to me. This is their first big card that they have done without relying on ticket sales or PPV.
ARP said the next few RBE cards will probably be like this too. Interesting.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Jag burning bridges with everyone. He burned bridges with KOTD by dismissing their tournament. Burned bridges with Diz/Lush because they fought to get him on the card, so they probably won’t book him on their new league.

I think the URL would book him out of spite.

The fact that RBE can even create an event like this is crazy to me. This is their first big card that they have done without relying on ticket sales or PPV.

Wouldn’t put it past URL to do that. Same time tho, I’d be cautious seeing that it was more than one league he has done this too. And it’s the two big leagues at that. Not the small ones we don’t hear too much about.

That’s a smart move on their part. Down to see what comes out of this in the future.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I don't mind new leagues

I am sick of these "new leagues" pretty much just shuffling through names who don't have great status on URL anymore

Wish it was like it was about a decade ago where it was other leagues but those leagues had their top guys. Then if a url battle rapper went over to those leagues to battle they would be up against guys built up by those other leagues

All these leagues now are simply doing their own versions of born legacy, the crucible , ultimate madness and super fight. Smh

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps

All the DNA haters hearing that he helped Hollow with arguably his best battle (Lux)

brat-mad.gif

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind new leagues

I am sick of these "new leagues" pretty much just shuffling through names who don't have great status on URL anymore

Wish it was like it was about a decade ago where it was other leagues but those leagues had their top guys. Then if a url battle rapper went over to those leagues to battle they would be up against guys built up by those other leagues

All these leagues now are simply doing their own versions of born legacy, the crucible , ultimate madness and super fight. Smh

If the other leagues aren't financially capable of getting a top battler to remain loyal to them, what do you expect them to do? URL does 20 + events. URL can give a guy like Charron 3 battles in 2 months because they can. KOTD couldn't afford to keep him. But URL can afford to keep him even if it's just to keep him away from RBE.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I don't mind new leagues

i mean what you want em to do? It seems like nowadays if you even have potential to be a big battler you're getting scooped up by URL. And these rappers want to be in that vacuum....

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno, some of DNA's points are a bit sus imo.

"you'd rather jump in the water then take your chances with a bullet" errr, its a bullet?

Most of DNA's points aside from the lux thing are kinda sus imo

The jump in the water thing was silly. But overall DNA showed flaws in Hollow's character. Hollow is holier than thou 99% of the time, THAT is why all of this matters. Hollow couldn't respond to him in some instances because it would lead to Hollow doing exactly what DNA predicted.