Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think shine was just trying to sell the battle. He gave hollow a handshake after all that.
Nah lol, Shine is serious. I also don’t think he has any real animosity, he’s just frustrated. He’s hotheaded and Hollow just plays on that.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I knew he was a weirdo when he fabricated a fight with Drugz for an angle in their battle. Bamma just made up an incident out of whole cloth to get a reaction. That shyt remains one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen in BR.

this shyt here is just dispositive proof though

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I knew he was a weirdo when he fabricated a fight with Drugz for an angle in their battle. Bamma just made up an incident out of whole cloth to get a reaction. That shyt remains one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen in BR.

this shyt here is just dispositive proof though

Don’t forget the whole Ill Will fake paperwork situation. Talked crazy then got shook later. Didn’t even have a battle locked in. Just being weird for no reason.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does battle rap attract so many weirdos? I’m not even remotely a street dude but I’ve seen people get stomped out for less than what gets allowed in the battle rap community :mindblown:

Listen to what battle rappers are saying to each other for 3 rounds straight...lol, that should let you know why it's so overly-populated by weirdos. What normal civilized person is trying to hear that content over and over and over and over? I just try to hold my nose when I listen, I hate what these cornballs talk about but I love their skill level, lol, if I gotta deal with a bunch of murderous, evil, drug lord fantasy 187 content to get my Lyrical fix I guess that's just how it gotta be, :snoop:. It's simulated verbal violence, lol.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps

:russell:

She's parlayin this high school weirdo shyt into some clout. Hour and a half long live to expose a mid tier battler, all while bugging her self up at every opportunity.

She got her wish tho, her followers jumped in just the 20 minutes of the interview I skimmed through

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Listen to what battle rappers are saying to each other for 3 rounds straight...lol, that should let you know why it's so overly-populated by weirdos. What normal civilized person is trying to hear that content over and over and over and over? I just try to hold my nose when I listen, I hate what these cornballs talk about but I love their skill level, lol, if I gotta deal with a bunch of murderous, evil, drug lord fantasy 187 content to get my Lyrical fix I guess that's just how it gotta be, :snoop:. It's simulated verbal violence, lol.

The energy in battle rap has felt significantly different over the last 3-4 years though. Maybe it’s because social media wasn’t a thing at the time but when I started watching Smack DVDs, I’ve never looked at any of the rappers and thought they were weirdos…now some of these guys just make me :scust: with how they carry themselves.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I need a refresher of guys that didn’t take DNA seriously. It always seemed like nyggas were trying to embarrass him from yung ill, to Rex, to Arsenal, to k shine, to dizaster, to bmagic , etc I could go on.

A good version of DNA got destroyed by Rum Nitty, the same Rum that choked and came with light material against Todd.

nyggas try to group him and John John, but it doesn’t make sense. Nyggas try to bodybsg DNA. You rarely see that with Todd, because he isn’t as high as a threat.

Only guy I can think of that literally didn’t give a fukk was Calicoe.

If I recalll right, Twork wrote like a minute of material for their SM battle in Vegas. But its Twork so there's that....

Prep was hiding in the dark about cry beating his shyt what an assflap...

Prep still trying to play the G role after being exposed was mad awkward to get through