Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
If Bullpen & QOTR were more active they’d also be ahead of KOTD right now.

I think it’s kind of hard for white posters to comprehend this, but battle rap is still a black art form. You need the black community’s support to do well in this form of entertainment. The fact that they were able to reach their peak back in 2017 is commendable.

This twitch deal is all they got. These tournaments are the only way they can produce consistent content. Twitch doesn’t need them though. There’s just too many channels that produce more streams with a lot less resources, while KOTD is barely getting over 1k streams right now as I type.

Lol, bro, just keep at it you don’t fukk with KOTD and keep it movin’. Didn’t you do this last time when KOTD first got their deal with Twitch and we had a thread about their first tourney? It’s all good if you feel like they have fallen off and haven’t been that active until recently. I’m not disputing that because it’s very true. But let’s not act like them securing the Twitch is something to downplay either. If they had the deal for one year and was back to where they were at when they had little to no content out, then you have to look at them like they’re not doing much. But they got a structure now with judges and a company backing them so they got their shyt together more recently if you think about it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol, bro, just keep at it you don’t fukk with KOTD and keep it movin’. Didn’t you do this last time when KOTD first got their deal with Twitch and we had a thread about their first tourney? It’s all good if you feel like they have fallen off and haven’t been that active until recently. I’m not disputing that because it’s very true. But let’s not act like them securing the Twitch is something to downplay either. If they had the deal for one year and was back to where they were at when they had little to no content out, then you have to look at them like they’re not doing much. But they got a structure now with judges and a company backing them so they got their shyt together more recently if you think about it.

the twitch deal is keeping them afloat

you now have a little buddy you can talk KOTD battle rap with

you should be excited

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
the twitch deal is keeping them afloat

you now have a little buddy you can talk KOTD battle rap with

you should be excited

And there goes where you misunderstand me.

Seeing battle rap with multiple platforms that talent can be seen and heard on is what I’ve always been about. That excites me more than just one league getting a deal for real. I don’t catch everything that KOTD does on Twitch either just like the battles on the URL app I pay for (which I was down to pay the monthly fee for in the beginning). Just like I cannot pay for every RBE event. But I like the fact it’s growing and didn’t fizzle out especially with the pandemic effecting so much. And making a name for yourself without Smack/URL if you can now is dope to me since they are the top league running shyt. Especially for brothas and sistas who can’t work out the politics and etc. right to get on the biggest battle rap league. It’s a good shift in showing what else can be done in the culture of battle rap.

Last edited:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: shine a hothead but...
idk brehs Hollow was talkin spicy to Rum in the faceoff and then when Rum turned up in response, Hollow turned republican talmbout "why is he so mad? he got some bad coke or somethin?"

gonna wait until the footage drops because hollow is definitely a hand hider

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
^Hollow is definitely an irritant. I’m surprised more battlers haven’t tried to put hands on him.

But like the post alluded to…Shine was being extra even with Chilla.