Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's just agree to disagree because you're going to just keep juelzing and goalpost moving.

Avoid the visibility of a battle league with 860,000 subscribers (more than 250% the subscribers of #3: RBE) and had a deal with twitch, because they're not at their not at their peak. Yea objective alright :lolbron:

You're almost as bad as the nikkas who advised Dennis Schroeder

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You really believe KOTD is ahead of RBE in 2021?

Subscribers doesn’t tell the whole story. Is UDubb bigger then Gates of the Garden?

Grind time still has a solid subscription base. I suppose they’re doing it better then a lot of leagues out here.:mjlol:

KOTD has 860k subs but gets views like a small league. What are we talking about here?

Don’t Flop has more subscribers then RBE. I guess they’re bigger too in 2021 right?

Are you white?

Last edited:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Judging by that Jaz and Misfit interview, I'm guessing they will be battling during that October Drake card.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
You really believe KOTD is ahead of RBE in 2021?

Subscribers doesn’t tell the whole story. Is UDubb bigger then Gates of the Garden?

Grind time still has a solid subscription base. I suppose they’re doing it better then a lot of leagues out here.:mjlol:

KOTD has 860k subs but gets views like a small league. What are we talking about here?

Are you white?

Visibility- the degree to which something has attracted general attention; prominence.

With all your shytty examples you failed to acknowledge a key principle of visibility.

In a year, more people go back to re-watch a Hollow vs. Lux (UW), or a Conceited vs. Arsenal (Grindtime) etc.. than a brand new Dre Dennis vs. Stuttering Steve on Gates of The Garden or some fly by night league (barring a viral moment or a big current name on a cash grab). So those are definitely more viable. Nostalgia trumps new nobody's. The owners of those leagues are still collecting YouTube checks these days residually without having to pay Twork $1000 to come choke his recycled material 2day!

As far as KOTD 2day, they haven't had a big event in a while. Outside of they're 1st tournament, which was streamed to Twitch, they have been hampered by Covid.

Its sad you got me defending those Canadian Cacs, but to suggest 2 nikkas with shaky (currently) battle rap careers to avoid a look on a league with a Twitch presence and a top 3 battle rap channel shows how clownish you sound

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visibility- the degree to which something has attracted general attention; prominence.

With all your shytty examples you failed to acknowledge a key principle of visibility.

In a year, more people go back to re-watch a Hollow vs. Lux (UW), or a Conceited vs. Arsenal (Grindtime) etc.. than a brand new Dre Dennis vs. Stuttering Steve on Gates of The Garden or some fly by night league (barring a viral moment or a big current name on a cash grab). So those are definitely more viable. Nostalgia trumps new nobody's. The owners of those leagues are still collecting YouTube checks these days residually without having to pay Twork $1000 to come choke his recycled material 2day!

As far as KOTD 2day, they haven't had a big event in a while. Outside of they're 1st tournament, which was streamed to Twitch, they have been hampered by Covid.

Its sad you got me defending those Canadian Cacs, but to suggest 2 nikkas with shaky (currently) battle rap careers to avoid a look on a league with a Twitch presence and a top 3 battle rap channel shows how clownish you sound

You aren’t answering

Again, do you believe KOTD is bigger then RBE in 2021? It’s a yes or no

You’re still failing to acknowledge that battling on certain leagues at specific points in time matters. These guys have a career to manage.

Battling on spit dat heat in 2016 is a good look. 2021? Not quite
Battling on Gates in 2021 makes more sense then UDubb in 2021.

KOTD has to get hot again for it to make sense for some of these guys to battle on that platform.

I view street leagues such as URL, RBE, QOTR, etc as a completely different lane then what KOTD does. Street emcees prefer battling on street platforms. Therefore, if KOTD wants to land some of these guys on their platform again, they have to get hot.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of tay Roc, what has happened with his relationship with the URL? No summer madness, battling on other leagues?

What the hell has happened?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Speaking of tay Roc, what has happened with his relationship with the URL? No summer madness, battling on other leagues?

What the hell has happened?
I doubt there's anything. There wasn't an obvious match for him for SM and Gates isn't a league that's in competition with URL. To me they operate more as a URL affiliate.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When RBE, URL & IBattle were doing video battles during Covid KOTD did nothing. Told me everything I need to know.

Both of their biggest cards could have been done remotely. The Blackout concept would have been fire with video battles as long as they had decent names. World Domination with video battles would have been nice to hold their core fans over.

They couldn't give the fans anything because either they have to wait for help, or they don't think much of the batters they had access to. Shotty Horroh did an RBE video battle.

They are #3 at this point and they have way less homegrown talent then #4 which is QOTR.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
When RBE, URL & IBattle were doing video battles during Covid KOTD did nothing. Told me everything I need to know.

Both of their biggest cards could have been done remotely. The Blackout concept would have been fire with video battles as long as they had decent names. World Domination with video battles would have been nice to hold their core fans over.

They couldn't give the fans anything because either they have to wait for help, or they don't think much of the batters they had access to. Shotty Horroh did an RBE video battle.

They are #3 at this point and they have way less homegrown talent then #4 which is QOTR.

They did sit out for a while when the pandemic hit. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure they may have had funding issues before they were able to book Blackout. I still think about what Organik was saying applying for some funding stuff from Canada then getting rejected. And having to get part time work I think. So they probably lost money when they had to cancel Blackout.

As for homegrown talent, they have alot of homegrown talent but it depends on whether you care for them or not. And what era you are talking about. A good portion of them that were around when Pat Stay, Charron, Bender, and etc. were on top in the league seemed to have stopped and moved on. I like what they’re doing mostly now though because with the Twitch deal and the Run The Fade series, they may be more consistent with giving us more battles.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Bullpen & QOTR were more active they’d also be ahead of KOTD right now.

I think it’s kind of hard for white posters to comprehend this, but battle rap is still a black art form. You need the black community’s support to do well in this form of entertainment. The fact that they were able to reach their peak back in 2017 is commendable.

This twitch deal is all they got. These tournaments are the only way they can produce consistent content. Twitch doesn’t need them though. There’s just too many channels that produce more streams with a lot less resources, while KOTD is barely getting over 1k streams right now as I type.