Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Math is far bigger than Thesaurus and resonates with more people. But Thesaurus is the FAR better battler/lyricist. Shout out to Pete thats my guy

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Plus Math has by far the biggest show of anyone connected to battle rap too. So, his name holds a lot of weight in general, comparatively speaking of course.

When that distinction went to Champion, was that price of shyt Tech 9 able to scoff his nose up at other leagues tournaments because his "name held weight"?

No, he was held in the same regard by his peers, and was relegated to the Jimz and Jakkboy Maine's of the community

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
As far as Jag, I don’t know any of the behind the scenes. He’s still an inexperienced battler. He needs to put in some work on some smaller street leagues to work on his craft. KOTD isn’t the lane for him.
So he's inexperienced (borderline garbage), yet above KOTD :mjlol:

You’re definitely right I don’t care for KOTD at all, and if that’s your brand of battle rap, you’re on the wrong forum. There’s only one poster on here that is really into KOTD like that.

I'm actually here for the best battles, regardless of who puts them. Your personal hatred for KOTD, clouds your judgement and results in strawman arguments and juelzing.
Got u

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he's inexperienced (borderline garbage), yet above KOTD :mjlol:

I'm actually here for the best battles, regardless of who puts them. Your personal hatred for KOTD, clouds your judgement and results in strawman arguments and juelzing.
Got u

Yes he’s above KOTD. He’s came to RBE and has already battled Math, O-Red, and Ill Will. There is nothing KOTD can offer him. They’re also notoriously cheap. He needs to follow the Reed Dollaz formula, which is take one rounders on small street leagues to work on his craft or 3 rounders that make sense. Someone must have got in his ear, because he mentioned that he should battle Aktive on the riot in the future. Just makes way more sense then KOTD.

KOTD is a nerd league. It doesn’t make sense battling on that platform.

My judgement isn’t clouded at all. If KOTD ever manages to put on a good event, I have always given them props. It’s been a years huh? Probably haven’t put out decent content since the bunker ended.

The “I’m here for the best battles” thing is funny, as if KOTD puts out good battles.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
When that distinction went to Champion, was that price of shyt Tech 9 able to scoff his nose up at other leagues tournaments because his "name held weight"?

No, he was held in the same regard by his peers, and was relegated to the Jimz and Jakkboy Maine's of the community
Tec mainevented a URL card against Geechi Gotti

And Tec is nowhere close to Math.

And for reference, Math averages 654K per battle (which is about 5 times more than Tech 9 did), also, Dizaster averages like 673K per battle. They're within the same ballpark.

Math is a big name that carries a lot of weight in battle rap.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
The Saurus is nowhere near as popular as Math. You have to be in some white ass circles and forums to think The Saurus’s name is over Math’s name. The Saurus is a tenured battler. Only 2-3 battles with over a million views. I want to hear someone talk about how The Saurus is a bigger name than Math

Same goes for MarvWon

Won’t lie, it is the circles for real. Plus, The Saurus, as of late, hasn’t even been what he once was in them Jump Off and Scribble days. Or the early GT or the first actual KOTD Grand Prix days before the Twitch deal. But that’s if you kept up with all that. With Math, him punching Dose was the very first time I heard about him or seen him. And I didn’t know his name to later then heard him battle T-Rex in that first Smack URL event and realized it was the same dude. After it’s said and done, Math made more of an impact looking at his record. And him rebranding himself with MEO and his Read Bewteen The Lines feed. The Saurus got a dope resume but he dropped the ball in some battles he shouldn’t have like the Aye Verb battle. His rematch with Diz is what he needs to keep going back to. Or when he battled Bender (rest in peace) by the bridge.

Marv, IMO, has a different story. He was in that whole GT and KOTD but still was able to fukk with URL here and there even though there was a looooong ass gap after he battled Math. And he got braggin’ rights on 8 Mile. Sucks twice he got robbed in a tournament. Marv is truly a legend in his own right. One of the very few who makes great music and can really battle well.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Has anyone called out dre Dennis for doing background dancing at his brother wedding?

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Yes he’s above KOTD. He’s came to RBE and has already battled Math, O-Red, and Ill Will.
battles.
That stimulus package to get the Cassidy battle was nice
:whew:

He's the battle rap version of an industry plant. I lived 10 minutes from him and never heard of him until he got with Cassidy. And even then have never heard one solo song of his.

He was given the same luxury all "industry" rappers get when they come to battle rap: a big name. However the people have spoken (2 audience battles with no crowd reaction and a Math comeback battle stuck at 390,000 views months later). In result, he's been pulled from the next card :francis:

There is nothing KOTD can offer him. They’re also notoriously cheap. He needs to follow the Reed Dollaz formula, which is take one rounders on small street leagues to work on his craft or 3 rounders that make sense.

Good thing you're not in his ear. The big difference between those 2 is Reed Dollarz is a BATTLE RAP legend. A lot of the modern day nikkas father's. Like Mook and Iron and to a lower (real lower) extent E Ness, despite their struggle returns, eyes were still on them because of their history and what people knew they were capable of. We went through the growing pains of them tweaking their formula to fit modern times.

Exactly who the fukk is emotionally invested in waiting for a Cassidy weed roller with no known, even regional hits, to iron the kinks out.
:dwillhuh:

KOTD is a nerd league. It doesn’t make sense battling on that platform.

Tell that to B-Dot, Rum Nitty, Daylyt, Danny Meyers etc.. who got their notoriety from there and parlayed into successful careers

:snoop:

Your personal hatred for them has you dying on a hill for Math and Jag and totally being dishonest with yourself

:mjcry:

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
All them nikkas apart from Daylyt jumped shipped to URL as soon as they got the opportunity :mjlol:

That was my point. They used KOTD as a springboard. Obviously, everyone's goal is to make it to URL.

@theflyest seems to think bum ass Jag is above them as a farm system, but should go to street leagues that would render 15-20k views as a better strategy to rehab his dying career

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was my point. They used KOTD as a springboard. Obviously, everyone's goal is to make it to URL.

@theflyest seems to think bum ass Jag is above them as a farm system, but should go to street leagues that would render 15-20k views as a better strategy to rehab his dying career

:mjlol:We are gonna agree to disagree, because I see where this is going. I don’t have the time to go back & forth with long ass paragraphs. I’ll admit it’s hard to take this stance because your points are so easy to rebuttal.

I’m a very objective poster. Yes, i do enjoy taking shots at KOTD, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have the ability to acknowledge when they’re doing their thing.

You’re failing to look at context here. It doesn’t make sense for Jag to battle on KOTD in 2021, despite whatever you feel about his skill set. We all can pinpoint exactly when they fell off, which was immediately after the Diz/Oxxymiron battle. That took place in late 2017. They’ve been in the toilet since then.

The names you mentioned battled on KOTD during their peak. At one point in time, it was a good look to battle on KOTD, despite being a nerd league. It also made sense for them to battle on KOTD, as they were basically the only presence on the west coast. However, battling on mid tier nerd league in 2021? It just doesn’t make sense. The URL spent years investing into west coast street battle rap now. West coast street leagues are emerging. There’s other options for street battlers.

You’re really over here acting as if KOTD is a top tier league right now.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
:mjlol:We are gonna agree to disagree, because I see where this is going. I don’t have the time to go back & forth with long ass paragraphs. I’ll admit it’s hard to take this stance because your points are so easy to rebuttal.

I’m a very objective poster. Yes, i do enjoy taking shots at KOTD, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have the ability to acknowledge when they’re doing their thing.

You’re failing to look at context here. It doesn’t make sense for Jag to battle on KOTD in 2021, despite whatever you feel about his skill set. We all can pinpoint exactly when they fell off, which was immediately after the Diz/Oxxymiron battle. That took place in late 2017. They’ve been in the toilet since then.

The names you mentioned battled on KOTD during their peak. At one point in time, it was a good look to battle on KOTD, despite being a nerd league. It also made sense for them to battle on KOTD, as they were basically the only presence on the west coast. However, battling on mid tier nerd league in 2021? It just doesn’t make sense. The URL spent years investing into west coast street battle rap now. West coast street leagues are emerging. There’s other options for street battlers.

You’re really over here acting as if KOTD is a top tier league right now.
Let's just agree to disagree because you're going to just keep juelzing and goalpost moving.

Avoid the visibility of a battle league with 860,000 subscribers (more than 250% the subscribers of #3: RBE) and had a deal with twitch, because they're not at their not at their peak. Yea objective alright :lolbron:

You're almost as bad as the nikkas who advised Dennis Schroeder

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: