Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Your Honor about to be standing in front of Your Honor.

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
CostlyExhaustedClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I just knew there would be fukkery with the 2 names I wanted to see in that KOTD tournament, which is Math & Jag,

Part of it stems from the fact that I don’t believe either guy should be in it. Even though I don’t think Math’s status is that big as an actual battler, he’s still beyond a KOTD tournament.

Jag has a good thing going with RBE. KOTD is like 10 steps backwards. Now Jag has shown that he’s professional thus far, but in my mind, I just couldn’t see him doing a KOTD battle. Sure enough he had to drop out, now white boys want to take legal action.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
man soooo many people were fronting on Mook's 1st i was disgusted :scust: i wasn't expecting much from mook going into it but he really lifted Roc off his feet in that first and set the tone

A lot of Mook’s material was tailored towards Brizz. He couldve battle Top, Brizz and Roc and used the same material just by switching a few lines. Great performance but what he did wasnt slick to me.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Even though I don’t think Math’s status is that big as an actual battler, he’s still beyond a KOTD tournament.

He's not bigger than Disaster or Thesaurus, or more of a legend than MarvWon, all of which were in the 1st tournament.

In reality he's cold and not even respected by his to take a battle with him (unless you count that clear 'keep Geechi off RBE' business move Smack pulled for that wack outside event)

Is he really above it :patrice:

Jag has a good thing going with RBE. KOTD is like 10 steps backwards. Now Jag has shown that he’s professional thus far, but in my mind, I just couldn’t see him doing a KOTD battle.

Jag is coming off 2 stinkers (the Ill Will battle was embarrassing) and by all indications was taken off Max Out 3 (he was supposed to battle Arsonal).

Those 2 losers have to get in where they fit in. I'll take a wild guess and say you don't care for KOTD :jbhmm:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He's not bigger than Disaster or Thesaurus, or more of a legend than MarvWon, all of which were in the 1st tournament.

In reality he's cold and not even respected by his to take a battle with him (unless you count that clear 'keep Geechi off RBE' business move Smack pulled for that wack outside event)

Jag is coming off 2 stinkers (the Ill Will battle was embarrassing) and by all indications was taken off Max Out 3 (he was supposed to battle Arsonal).

Those 2 losers have to get in where they fit in. I'll take a wild guess and say you don't care for KOTD :jbhmm:
Math is a way bigger name than Thesaurus and MarvWon to be honest.

Plus Math has by far the biggest show of anyone connected to battle rap too. So, his name holds a lot of weight in general, comparatively speaking of course.

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
The Saurus is nowhere near as popular as Math. You have to be in some white ass circles and forums to think The Saurus’s name is over Math’s name. The Saurus is a tenured battler. Only 2-3 battles with over a million views. I want to hear someone talk about how The Saurus is a bigger name than Math

Same goes for MarvWon

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol: As the two previous posters said, Math is bigger then Thesaurus and Marv. They didn’t really touch on Diz, because it’s probably harder to gauge. Personally, I believe Math is bigger then Diz at this point in time. None of Diz battles from that tournament have over 100k. If you’re going to be KOTD exclusive, you’re just limiting you’re brand.

Those same guys that turn down Math, could basically do the same to Diz. No one cares about battling Diz.

As far as Jag, I don’t know any of the behind the scenes. He’s still an inexperienced battler. He needs to put in some work on some smaller street leagues to work on his craft. KOTD isn’t the lane for him.

You’re definitely right I don’t care for KOTD at all, and if that’s your brand of battle rap, you’re on the wrong forum. There’s only one poster on here that is really into KOTD like that.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if Diz or Math is bigger from a historical perspective; personally I would lean towards Math but I can recognize that Diz is legendary especially to a certain population of fans. But Math is DEFINITELY a lot more relevant within the culture today.

Saurus and Marvin arent even in that conversation.