Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Watched the battle. Cortez 2-1. Came down to the 2nd. Ace had a bar from Cortez from 3 battles prior, and it wasn't a flip, still had choppy performance. If you preferred his material, okay, but the judges probably took off points for the aforementioned issues. I thought Cortez' timeline scheme/angle was fire, and he had a cleaner round :manny:

Y'all saying Ace clear are bugging, or Daddy Surf has you on the hate Cortez bandwagon.

Maybe I need to watch it again, but to me the level of Ace's content was a clear level up from what Cortez had. Stumbles and all, it's not like the man choked.

Trying to put everyone that disagrees in a Surf Stan box is corny. If Surf never battles again, I could care less.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Maybe I need to watch it again, but to me the level of Ace's content was a clear level up from what Cortez had. Stumbles and all, it's not like the man choked.

Trying to put everyone that disagrees in a Surf Stan box is corny. If Surf never battles again, I could care less.

I think its moreso the hate Cortez box than the Surf stan box. Cortez is fat

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I'm talking about everyone downplaying Cortez as if he's wack, which is some bullshyt. I agree Ace's material was good, but his performance and delivery needs mad work. That counts. Your round could be Shakespeare, you'll lose if you can't deliver it. If he got though it clean I wouldn't bother arguing, but it is what it is.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I'm talking about everyone downplaying Cortez as if he's wack, which is some bullshyt. I agree Ace's material was good, but his performance and delivery needs mad work. That counts. Your round could be Shakespeare, you'll lose if you can't deliver it. If he got though it clean I wouldn't bother arguing, but it is what it is.

nah Cor definitely aint wack. Ace's delivery when he's not stumbling is great to me. He knows how to build up and land a haymaker, which is something Cortez still hasn't figured out yet after 10+ years.

But Cor has always had consistent bars no question

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s gotta some real good money in battle in this era. I’m sure y’all noticed how guys like Mook & Lux would distance themselves in the past, specifically Mook.

Mook is now showing up to big events, tuned in, and even started a battle rap podcast. Hell he’s battling in back to back years. When have you seen that?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
There’s gotta some real good money in battle in this era. I’m sure y’all noticed how guys like Mook & Lux would distance themselves in the past, specifically Mook.

Mook is now showing up to big events, tuned in, and even started a battle rap podcast. Hell he’s battling in back to back years. When have you seen that?
Yeah, battle rap has a lot of money in it now. Especially with Caffeine, which is basically owned by FOX, the concerns about being able to afford battles now is pretty much out the window.

I still don't quite understand how RBE is able to finance these huge battles, but I'm assuming they have quiet investors as well.