Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, battle rap has a lot of money in it now. Especially with Caffeine, which is basically owned by FOX, the concerns about being able to afford battles now is pretty much out the window.

I still don't quite understand how RBE is able to finance these huge battles, but I'm assuming they have quiet investors as well.

Time for me so become a battler and get some of this bread :ehh: Twork was on billboards and shyt. :wow:

I SAID YO! :damn:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Can we put some respect on Lux and Mook (we saw you Rex too) for putting the Harlem FINESSE on the Marshall artist and gettin him bodied by Lupe.. :lupe:

I wasn't a fan of that.
I enjoyed their podcast and that whole thing seemed to mess up that friendship.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL needs to go ahead and announce that SM card. I know people are going to attend regardless, and people will travel to Houston, but they need to come up with some matches that the south wants to see.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL needs to go ahead and announce that SM card. I know people are going to attend regardless, and people will travel to Houston, but they need to come up with some matches that the south wants to see.

What matches do you think the south wants to see? I was trying to think of some but like, outside of the obvious mega matches I couldn't think of anything...

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
it's great matchmaking
...to a group of people that barely watch and wonder why URL isn't on youtube that much anymore

Surf/JJDD teeters a bit in that category too

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's great matchmaking
...to a group of people that barely watch and wonder why URL isn't on youtube that much anymore

Surf/JJDD teeters a bit in that category too

It’s only great matchmaking to the over 35 east coast crowd

as much as I hate Todd, surf/Todd makes sense