Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lux was on Threeletterman today. It'll probably be on Youtube later. He clearly only has focus on the Daylyt battle, I expect that to be the only battle he has this year. Though he did give props to Chilla, DNA and Danny. He was particularly most complimentary of Chilla's pen.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I hate that simple ass word association DNA does. Some battle rap fans can't tell the difference between that and actually scheming/clever writing. Cause it's hard to quantify. 'Technically' he's scheming, but it's low hanging fruit word association and forced in an unnatural way.

This won't be TIED he will see deFEET what I say with my TONGUE keeps your SOLE grounded, I LACED the game you'll get SOCKED since you stopped getting CHECKS ON THE SIDE it's like you got a NEW BALANCE

This the type of shyt DNA says. It's like he writes a bunch of word association on a napkin and forces it into a scheme.

There are levels to it though and I'm not sure even DNA himself sees the nuance that separates his word play skill level from say a Chilla Jones or Iron Solomon.

nikka Chilla literally does the same thing (at times). Go peep the whack ass color and bear schemes vs QP, or the even worse Chris Brown scheme vs Twork; amongst others. If not coming from Daylyt, Lux, Iron, QP (and a few other others.) the scheme is very likely to be trash cans.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is hilarious...and demoralizing because I watched Lux's positive, uplifting video right before I clicked this, smh. :laugh:

"Ike told Tina 'Ay bytch, if you die I'm a kill ya'. That shyt don't even f'n make sense. How could you not like Ike as a man?!?!?!"

:russ::russ::russ::russ:

Last edited:

PUN711

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I guess I really hate DNA, cause I'm two rounds in to this Ave vs DNA battle and I'm not impressed at all. From what was in the event thread, I thought he would have left Earth in these two rounds. He's down 2-0 so far.

EDIT: DNA's 3rd was better than the first two, but it was a ton of filler. On a side note, since Caffeine, it feels like every other angle is someone telling the other battler how to get better battles and increase their stock. It's almost becoming a tired angle.

Last edited: