Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Finally got around to watching...

Ars vs Danny...I call Danny 3-0 but no body. Ars was good but Danny was better by one notch in each round.

Ave vs DNA...Both of them cooked and their rounds were perfectly tailored for one another. Like..DNA’s 3rd was epic but Ave’s 3rd addressed it spot on. A 2-1 argument could be made either way but I’m leaning towards DNA...who has leveled up like a mf as a writer. He TALKED to Ave but Ave definitely TALKED back.

Chilla vs Shine...this battle is interesting because both guys adjusted to one another. Chilla barked more and Shine was more intricate in his delivery. The problem for Shine here is...his bars don’t run deep enough for that...especially in a small room. His performance is A-1 and all of his punches hit you right on the nose which is perfect for big crowds who gravitate to what they can immediately catch. He’s better off straight rapping his material and not over-pronouncing things like he’s a wordsmith. Chilla had way better material and damn near met him at the top step performance-wise. Chilla with a 3-0 body.

JTN vs Twork...The gas for Twork was HEAVY in the 1st and I get it...his peers wanted him to feel comfortable and back in the swing. That said...I preferred JTN’s material in all 3 rounds. Twork was good here for 75-80% of the battle. Damn near had me thinking I was finna get 3 rounds from him. At least he managed to freestyle a LITTLE and get some of it back before he jersied this time. Jey 2-1 clear (3-0 possible).

Tay Roc vs Aye Verb...so here’s where I really start to hate fans and their bias. Judging by the comments everywhere I was expecting Verb to be dumpster juice here. But in the 1st 2 rounds he was RAPPING rapping and going at Roc’s neck. His 3rd was weak but I had him winning the 1st clear. The 2nd was close...I could see someone edging it either way. I’m saying Verb 2-1 on preference. I’m not getting what was so bad here.

Two of my biggest surprises for this event was getting two rounds from Ave with no gun bars and an Ave that wasn't neeearly as punch-heavy as we all expected. I came away really impressed by him switching his style up.

The more i think about it, the more im leaning towards the 30 for Jey. Even in Twork's first, he had some good shyt but if you rap for 5-6 minutes and your levels rise and fall, rise and fall...that round becomes debatable when your opponent actually crafted a round with beginning, middle, and end.

With Verb, i think he RAPS RAPS but it all sounds like filler. like he's more concerned with making a rhyme/using the same word twice than saying some shyt that's heavy. And its weird because i think he was decent in the Geechi battle.

Cal/Eazy coming soon?

DNA is getting praise for this, but am I the only one who thinks this is ass?

Nope. Its hard for me to care about DNA tho

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Danny vs Arsonal. Danny 2-1 clear, 3-0 possibly

DNA vs Ave. I dont hear what everyone else is hearing apparently. I got Ave 2-1.

Shine vs Chilla. 3-0 Chilla, no surprise. I watched Chilla's first like 3 times already, lol. Serious Matrix fanatic.

Twork vs Jey. I thought Twork got the first clear and Jey got the 3rd clear. 2nd is preference, I was leaning toward Twork tho. 2-1 either way I guess, which is great for me since they're my 2 favorite battlers.

Verb vs Roc. This bootleg ripped shyt I'm watching stopped at the beginning of Verb's 3rd so cant call the 3rd. Roc was light, Verb was light...exactly what I expected from them. I guess Roc got the 1st and Verb got the 2nd but I really didnt like any of their rounds. 0-0 lol

I think B Dot vs Suge would have been battle of the night if it went down, Suge is average to me but he shows up against people who should smoke him, usually

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Geechi gon have to see Jey
Lol he goin in the skillet, he better avoid and ignore that a little longer cause his last couple been looking shaky anyway. Get like 3 or 4 clear ones straight...then take Jey and take that L

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
DNA is getting praise for this, but am I the only one who thinks this is ass?

If you have to go back to a non classic film released 26 years ago to make up a long drawn out scheme youve definitely run out of things too say. The only good thing to come out of Batman Forever was the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
nikka invented King Pen while he was barkin on Prep in the studio wit smack :wow:

between that moment and DOT going in on Bill Collector, i wish URL had stuck with that format for a bit longer, it seemed more laid back than a regular face off

HE DONT EVEN GOT SOCKS!!! :damn: