Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
nikka invented King Pen while he was barkin on Prep in the studio wit smack :wow:

between that moment and DOT going in on Bill Collector, i wish URL had stuck with that format for a bit longer, it seemed more laid back than a regular face off

Yea i said a couple time nows that setting they had for Prep/Chilla and Dot/BC i wish they go back to that.

Them UFF battles used to be my shyt. That was low key my favorite Ill Will too.

I still go back and watch prez/ty law sometimes. Classic battle!

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Finally got around to watching...

Ars vs Danny...I call Danny 3-0 but no body. Ars was good but Danny was better by one notch in each round.

Ave vs DNA...Both of them cooked and their rounds were perfectly tailored for one another. Like..DNA’s 3rd was epic but Ave’s 3rd addressed it spot on. A 2-1 argument could be made either way but I’m leaning towards DNA...who has leveled up like a mf as a writer. He TALKED to Ave but Ave definitely TALKED back.

Chilla vs Shine...this battle is interesting because both guys adjusted to one another. Chilla barked more and Shine was more intricate in his delivery. The problem for Shine here is...his bars don’t run deep enough for that...especially in a small room. His performance is A-1 and all of his punches hit you right on the nose which is perfect for big crowds who gravitate to what they can immediately catch. He’s better off straight rapping his material and not over-pronouncing things like he’s a wordsmith. Chilla had way better material and damn near met him at the top step performance-wise. Chilla with a 3-0 body.

JTN vs Twork...The gas for Twork was HEAVY in the 1st and I get it...his peers wanted him to feel comfortable and back in the swing. That said...I preferred JTN’s material in all 3 rounds. Twork was good here for 75-80% of the battle. Damn near had me thinking I was finna get 3 rounds from him. At least he managed to freestyle a LITTLE and get some of it back before he jersied this time. Jey 2-1 clear (3-0 possible).

Tay Roc vs Aye Verb...so here’s where I really start to hate fans and their bias. Judging by the comments everywhere I was expecting Verb to be dumpster juice here. But in the 1st 2 rounds he was RAPPING rapping and going at Roc’s neck. His 3rd was weak but I had him winning the 1st clear. The 2nd was close...I could see someone edging it either way. I’m saying Verb 2-1 on preference. I’m not getting what was so bad here.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Finally got around to watching...

Ars vs Danny...I call Danny 3-0 but no body. Ars was good but Danny was better by one notch in each round.

Ave vs DNA...Both of them cooked and their rounds were perfectly tailored for one another. Like..DNA’s 3rd was epic but Ave’s 3rd addressed it spot on. A 2-1 argument could be made either way but I’m leaning towards DNA...who has leveled up like a mf as a writer. He TALKED to Ave but Ave definitely TALKED back.

Chilla vs Shine...this battle is interesting because both guys adjusted to one another. Chilla barked more and Shine was more intricate in his delivery. The problem for Shine here is...his bars don’t run deep enough for that...especially in a small room. His performance is A-1 and all of his punches hit you right on the nose which is perfect for big crowds who gravitate to what they can immediately catch. He’s better off straight rapping his material and not over-pronouncing things like he’s a wordsmith. Chilla had way better material and damn near met him at the top step performance-wise. Chilla with a 3-0 body.

JTN vs Twork...The gas for Twork was HEAVY in the 1st and I get it...his peers wanted him to feel comfortable and back in the swing. That said...I preferred JTN’s material in all 3 rounds. Twork was good here for 75-80% of the battle. Damn near had me thinking I was finna get 3 rounds from him. At least he managed to freestyle a LITTLE and get some of it back before he jersied this time. Jey 2-1 clear (3-0 possible).

Tay Roc vs Aye Verb...so here’s where I really start to hate fans and their bias. Judging by the comments everywhere I was expecting Verb to be dumpster juice here. But in the 1st 2 rounds he was RAPPING rapping and going at Roc’s neck. His 3rd was weak but I had him winning the 1st clear. The 2nd was close...I could see someone edging it either way. I’m saying Verb 2-1 on preference. I’m not getting what was so bad here.

Good analysis on the event.
Tay Roc vs Aye Verb suffered from battle rap fatigue and not having a crowd.
3-4 hours of straight battle rap and then you take all the energy out of the room doomed this battle.
It'll have a second life on the app.