Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That line about his mans died like a dog, but can't even say "like a dog", cause if it was a dog he would've faced criminal charges.....

SON :wow::wow:

I gotta come back to this later, that shyt hit me in my chest
"Officer Jared Keller, if it wasn't for you, I would've had a different outcome
I hope you die a decorated officer, when nikkas light your fukking house up"

:wow::picard: 5 Mics.

The story: Seattle police rules officer justified in shooting man point blank held down by five other officers

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You said you’ll pick up the stock, for Rex(stocks, Forex)/
And became a traitor(trader)/
You ain’t do it for Rex, you did it for X (NWX)/
Them lames who made ya

watched this battle a few times and only just caught this. Chess won this clear, eff the polls

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not even just that I don't care, its what I call an "aggressive indifference" I'm not to the point of where I'm bout to make 5 blogs angryfans style, but I do find it irritating. It became a business, but it got a whole lot less professional. Chess choked against b magic and got...K Shine. In his prime nonetheless. I don't even think you can do that in rap itself. Who has flopped 2 or 3 projects an still been around? Mobb Deep lost to Jay and it took them YEARS to recover, Meek had to go to jail to even get taken seriously again.

JC is on a winning streak atm and just got told he won't ever get to battle someone who is in my eyes, the best to ever do it. Meanwhile the guy he wants to battle, literally shat on a stage (one battle shouldn't suddenly make up for this)

I get that it's about drawing heat to you, the excitement has got to be there. But after a while it just starts to look like have (been on beasley couch) and have nots imo

Everyone you love in battle rap has had enough time to figure out how this thing works. What is so difficult about promoting a little? Those guys who don't want to promote don't make it in "rap" either.

The matches were far worse when Harry was finding the big events.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
You said you’ll pick up the stock, for Rex(stocks, Forex)/
And became a traitor(trader)/
You ain’t do it for Rex, you did it for X (NWX)/
Them lames who made ya

watched this battle a few times and only just caught this. Chess won this clear, eff the polls

Im not gonna lie. Chess material vs shine grew on me. Def is ALOT closer then i thought at first.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Speaking of Chess. Anyone listen to his new album?? It's FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda fukkin' with it. That production is consistent. I'd like less singing from him and more of the rapping rapping for real. His rapping voice on a beat as opposed to his in autotune voice (doesn't sound bad but just a preference), I like way more because he gets in a certain pocket I fukk with. But I love the quality of it for the most part.