Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You said you’ll pick up the stock, for Rex(stocks, Forex)/
And became a traitor(trader)/
You ain’t do it for Rex, you did it for X (NWX)/
Them lames who made ya

watched this battle a few times and only just caught this. Chess won this clear, eff the polls
I was watching Chess vs Tori Doe yesterday, he really beat the dog shyt out of her

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think Jey's pen is better as well but does it matter when twork is just gonna attempt haymaker after haymaker? it aint like this battle is gonna be pen vs pen..
I know rum nitty's run kinda overlapped with his but are we really gonna forget that Twork was throwing out bar/haymaker of the year candidates even with the chokes? His timing was always crazy

I really hope Jey doesnt have short term memory like that or he getting his dumbass killed :mjlol:

I DO think this new class of battlers is catching everyone off guard with their ability to angle at a high level tho, you gotta actually put effort into breaking your opponent down and i think the older guys are just conditioned to defend against punching PG's after doing it for so long

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twork pen is shyt drank.
Negative. Twork pen is underrated...a lot of Nitty inspiration, but he is also lowkey smart, you can tell by the shyt he talks about at times. 3rd verse Verb. 3rd verse Nitty. 3rd verse JC (short but heavy). Etc...

His only "issue" if you wanna even call it that is the stopping for reactions flow...like Daylyt says, that's not necessarily gonna work for you in this era right now where there is no crowd, you just gotta keep rappin, the nonstop B-Dot/Daylyt/Arsonal shyt

There's a reason Twork is Nitewing's favorite battler ever, I can see/hear some of Twork's influence on him, I doubt even he'd agree that his pen is "levels" beyond Twork's.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I know rum nitty's run kinda overlapped with his but are we really gonna forget that Twork was throwing out bar/haymaker of the year candidates even with the chokes? His timing was always crazy

I really hope Jey doesnt have short term memory like that or he getting his dumbass killed :mjlol:

I DO think this new class of battlers is catching everyone off guard with their ability to angle at a high level tho, you gotta actually put effort into breaking your opponent down and i think the older guys are just conditioned to defend against punching PG's after doing it for so long
Thats exactly where i'm at with it. Jey's a really good writer but Twork is a haymaker spammer who lands WAY more than any puncher out there. This one has the makings tho, it aint like Twork is gonna be towering over him, and Jey has the vocal projection/energy a lot of people lack to even look like they're keeping up. Swamp damn near died out there on one and a half rounds
The only person weirdly enough i think clearly beat a game Twork was Wavy, and that nikka brought out the hairline on a poster :russ:.

And this new class has some full on battle rap nerds (not in a bad way) that grew up watching a lot of these dudes rise, fall, and stagnate. probably more than angling, a lot of the ones that are up top (Eazy, Chaos, Jey, Sikh) have no problem attacking the opponent directly and not gun barring 3 rounds straight. It's like T-Top had a lane and a bunch of nikkas just started crowding it and doing it better

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps

OAN: Kane woulda been a hella cold battle rapper based on his wittiness and ability to flip flows. I think if we were to go down the all-time list and look at mainstream rappers whose style would translate to battle rap based on categories (performance, lyricism, vocal projection, etc.), Kane would have the most upside.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
OAN: Kane woulda been a hella cold battle rapper based on his wittiness and ability to flip flows. I think if we were to go down the all-time list and look at mainstream rappers whose style would translate to battle rap based on categories (performance, lyricism, vocal projection, etc.), Kane would have the most upside.

yea...im imagining a goodz style of laid back delivery, but with Rum Nitty-esque punchlines

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Kane and Rakim were supposed to battle on PPV on Rapmania back in 1990. But the deal fell through

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree Kane would have been cold. Kane studied great stage performers like James Brown and incorporated things into his show while other big rap acts were walking back and forth on stage.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
And this new class has some full on battle rap nerds (not in a bad way) that grew up watching a lot of these dudes rise, fall, and stagnate. probably more than angling, a lot of the ones that are up top (Eazy, Chaos, Jey, Sikh) have no problem attacking the opponent directly and not gun barring 3 rounds straight. It's like T-Top had a lane and a bunch of nikkas just started crowding it and doing it better
Yea i aint gon lie t-top just looks like the drug variation of it now and Eazy done swooped that from him imo :mjlol:

And yea i guess i meant this new class is gonna TALK to you

Don Marino dumbass the only one who felt himself too much and tried to give battle career advice to Nitty.....as he was getting his face punched off :snoop:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Don Marino dumbass the only one who felt himself too much and tried to give battle career advice to Nitty.....as he was getting his face punched off :snoop:

His “advice” made HIM look bad. He basically told Rum “battling me lowers your stock. Not because I’m a good battler and going to beat you...but because I’m a nobody”

:mjlol: Whoever heard those rounds and gave Don the greenlight ain’t shyt