Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
JC Vs Ryda on the app

Eazy wants Chess, but he's already locked in for someone. Might be on that kings vs queens 2 card

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I want to see Eazy Da Block Caption vs Chess

Speaking of Chess. Anyone listen to his new album?? It's FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yea Chess got a few good plates ready for him whenever he comes back

Eazy da block captain
B-Dot
Chilla
Verb
Jey The Nitewing
T-top(rematch)
NXT(Rookies vs Vets)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Speaking of Chess. Anyone listen to his new album?? It's FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yea Chess got a few good plates ready for him whenever he comes back

Eazy da block captain
B-Dot
Chilla
Verb
Jey The Nitewing
T-top(rematch)
NXT(Rookies vs Vets)
Yeah his album was tough!

All those battles would be dope.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone should watch this, this is a fire interview and I knew before but I'm 1000% convinced now Lux only talks in circles when he's not comfortable with the interviewer. This the most direct conversation he's ever had because him and Goodz go back 15+ years. He wasn't doing the drive around the block to get to the corner shyt he does in most interviews.

I definitely wasnt going to watch until you posted this. This is good so far, and I’ve said numerous time in the past that I can’t watch a Lux interview.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Say JC fukked the pack up but battle a nikka who has more loses than battles smh. Lux is a diva. Surf choked in everybattle up until the Lux battle. Then choked in the Lux battle. Like we all knew he would.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Say JC fukked the pack up but battle a nikka who has more loses than battles smh. Lux is a diva. Surf choked in everybattle up until the Lux battle. Then choked in the Lux battle. Like we all knew he would.

Came here to say this. He needs to see JC regardless. He's more than earned it at this point.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came here to say this. He needs to see JC regardless. He's more than earned it at this point.

JC hasn’t earned it, in the sense that he’s not a strong enough B side opponent to make it a big event at this point in time, which is what Lux aims for every time he battles.

Lux maintains his status by taking big battles. He can’t just battle anybody.

A guy like JC will never have the popularity of a Surf, Hitman, etc but he can do his part to make it a hot battle by going on a run. It was there after the Nitty battle, but he chose to keep battling.

None of these “pen” nyggas will ever land a Lux battle because of the way they move.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chilla is the only mid tier “pen” nygga making the right moves to land the Lux battle. He’s taking the right battles, winning them, and I believe he would be willing to sit as well. His only issue is that the fans don’t gravitate to him the way they do to JC or Rum. If JC or Rum made the right moves, I think they could realistically land the battle.

Daylyt pretty much has the battle, but he’s top tier obviously. As much as he probably wants to battle Rum & Shine, he’ll probably just wait until after the Lux battle.

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
Tripod, hi def, plant it on him/
Boy this Hi tech, and you can tell Tech “Hi” when I blam it on em

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
JC hasn’t earned it, in the sense that he’s not a strong enough B side opponent to make it a big event at this point in time, which is what Lux aims for every time he battles.

Lux maintains his status by taking big battles. He can’t just battle anybody.

A guy like JC will never have the popularity of a Surf, Hitman, etc but he can do his part to make it a hot battle by going on a run. It was there after the Nitty battle, but he chose to keep battling.

None of these “pen” nyggas will ever land a Lux battle because of the way they move.

What? and two round surf did?

Daylyt earned it too? by literally trolling his way through battle rap an occasionally rapping? (albeit at a high level) Like, I get it. But JC can't just sit around and wait for these dudes to come outside. Not everyone can just sit down and wait for battles.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
What? and two round surf did?

Daylyt earned it too? by literally trolling his way through battle rap an occasionally rapping? (albeit at a high level) Like, I get it. But JC can't just sit around and wait for these dudes to come outside. Not everyone can just sit down and wait for battles.
Surf earned it by being the biggest active fan attraction in battle rap. Whether you like him or not Surf is the Rock to Hitman's Stone Cold in the URL era. Surf is the biggest draw on URL that currently battles.

This isn't 2003. Battle rap is a full blown business. You don't get a feature with Hov or Nas (Which Lux would be in battle rap terms), just because you had some fire verses on 38 Spesh's mixtape. That's not how this works. Regardless if you could out rap Hov or Nas, that doesn't matter. You gotta build your name up to get those looks.

Lux is 36 not 23. I'm sure a part of him would battle more for rec, but he knows this is a business and you have to protect your brand. That's why he gets 50K+ a battle and doesn't have to come outside but once a year, while JC has to battle 15 times to get that.