Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Danja Zone’s last two battles have been fire. I know he said he lost to Chaos but I have him winning that battle 3-0 and beating Red 2-1 clearly (they did him dirty with how they edited down Red’s choke).

Hopefully Danja gets more plates this year :ehh:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Danja Zone’s last two battles have been fire. I know he said he lost to Chaos but I have him winning that battle 3-0 and beating Red 2-1 clearly (they did him dirty with how they edited down Red’s choke).

Hopefully Danja gets more plates this year :ehh:
I'm sure he will.
If im Beasley and them, im sliding danja right into Saga's spot, and sitting Saga down for a while.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. I agree with those who says he needs better career management. He has all the tools. If TODD can be top tier, zero reason Danny can't. It's too many unnecessary battles and image.

TODD baited his way into the top tier scene. He got that Hitman look cause he talked crazy enough to the point that Hitman wanted to shut him up. Myers is too nice of a guy to start trolling his way into battles. He some "Let the bars speak for themselves" ass nikka

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So...this nikka Danny...he had a tournament on his channel like Math is doing. This kid won some cash, and a one rounder vs. Danny. Danny pulls a JC. Listen to his round. Starts around 20:30. This nikka wasted a ridiculous scheme among other good bars on this yokel. Jesus H Christ :snoop: So fukking frustrating. He and JC should be top tier and maybe headlining, but they do shyt like this...it's hard being a fan sometimes :francis:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I'm sure he will.
If im Beasley and them, im sliding danja right into Saga's spot, and sitting Saga down for a while.

Sit yo bytch ass down Saga. Danja vs B Dot next battle for both Im calling it now. Bet stacks hoe

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
TODD baited his way into the top tier scene. He got that Hitman look cause he talked crazy enough to the point that Hitman wanted to shut him up. Myers is too nice of a guy to start trolling his way into battles. He some "Let the bars speak for themselves" ass nikka
Like I said, career management.

Saga pisses me off. He spazzed in this battle. Take the battles u want to take and be like this EVERY battle.

Watch him choke again when he gets another URL look. Smh

Would love to see Saga vs Danja Zone!!

If I was Smack and I saw this, I'd be tempted to bark on him. Where this nikka been at?

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I'm sure he will.

Saga and Danja both have the same problem with dull presence and flat delivery at times but the bars are definitely there. Danja has made strides especially after getting embarrassed by Goodz but he looking real Verbish now. He lacks style which is rare for a nikka from PG County.

Danja is a considerably better writer and rapper than Saga to me but I think swapping Saga out for Danja makes the most sense from a style point of view. He’s one of the few “rappity rap” battle rappers in the mid-tier so having him around makes for good style clashes.

It’s funny how people are starting to compare him to Verb now. Verb even said that Danja is his sparring partner so it only makes sense that they’re sounding similar at times. I think Danja’s punches are still a bit more deliberate than Verb’s though but they’re both in my top 5.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Danja is a considerably better writer and rapper than Saga to me but I think swapping Saga out for Danja makes the most sense from a style point of view. He’s one of the few “rappity rap” battle rappers in the mid-tier so having him around makes for good style clashes.

It’s funny how people are starting to compare him to Verb now. Verb even said that Danja is his sparring partner so it only makes sense that they’re sounding similar at times. I think Danja’s punches are still a bit more deliberate than Verb’s though but they’re both in my top 5.

OK them being sparring partners makes sense. I think Danja needs to be very careful with that...especially when you at events dressed like Verb too. He tried to disarm the angle against Chaos off the rip so he's aware.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nah, Danny is cool and all but theres nothing top tier about him. He's reached whatever height he's gonna reach in battle rap.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....that loss on UM2 hurt his momentum. I don't think he has plateaued or anything. But I do think once that UM2 shyt didn't work out in his favor, he has either beaten himself, had a debatable, or might have even actually won after the battle drops BUT fans believe other narratives beforehand.

I disagree. I agree with those who says he needs better career management. He has all the tools. If TODD can be top tier, zero reason Danny can't. It's too many unnecessary battles and image.

Forgot also, Cortez' new album Resolutions went public on the 1st. I did the preorder to support. Project is fire. Best he's done. The single has a crazy Method Man verse. That nikka coming back for GFK's crown as best in the Clan. He killed shyt all 2020 :wow:

Well JJDD is a different story. Like he went thru the gambit but also, started his own league and the politics pretty much worked out for him. Plus, having damn near a 0% CPR in every battle has gotten him to different level. But I agree, career management for Danny would have been nice. I need to check out that Cortez album.

I don’t think we’ve gotten got a card over the last year that didn’t have Danny & Ars. We’ve seen so much of them lately, it feels like this battle has already happened.

Well, I don't know if anyone remembers but there was an interview or vlog where Ars was calling Danny trash. So if anything, this battle had very little buzz but they have definitely exchanged words on battling.