Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Yo, you nikkas seeing this shyt with ace?

I'm not mad at Ace honestly, because John is the one who upped it on some gun shyt. That nikka did 10 years in prison. I'm sure he's institutionalized. Why play around with that if not gonna go all the way?

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I'm not mad at Ace honestly, because John is the one who upped it on some gun shyt. That nikka did 10 years in prison. I'm sure he's institutionalized. Why play around with that if not gonna go all the way?

If they do battle, Ace has a ready made angle for John imo. Again, you can’t pull up to someone and flash a registered firearm and act like you pushed the line. Doing that isnt showing a dude that you’ll knock him off the table, it’s an implicit threat that you’ll have the police involved in any potential altercation/shooting and that you’ll try to argue a stand your ground defense or some shyt if anything physical happens. It’s the type of thing a white person would do and I don’t know how that’s a thing that hasn’t been discussed out here. I’m at him with that angle immediately if I’m Ace in a battle, because really what that’s saying is that I don’t want to fight (his prerogative obviously), and I’m telling you that if you try to get physical with me I’m going to pop you and stay around for questioning by the police and/or initiate the call to the police myself (because that’s what you have to do in a situation where you shoot someone with a registered gun).

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
nikkas still taking Ace seriously after he didn't cut his beard after the Swamp loss? I don't know anything about his street credentials, but I do know a man who doesn't stand on his words is not an honorable man. No wonder battle rap is a weirdo-ran sport--the fans don't care what type of nikka you are at all as long as they like the character you portray.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
nikkas still taking Ace seriously after he didn't cut his beard after the Swamp loss? I don't know anything about his street credentials, but I do know a man who doesn't stand on his words is not an honorable man. No wonder battle rap is a weirdo-ran sport--the fans don't care what type of nikka you are at all as long as they like the character you portray.

To be fair to that nikka, and I'm like most here I think in that I don't care anything about these dudes personally (beyond just hoping to see young black men live productive and fulfilling lives that allow them to take care of their families and help the people around them more generally), nikka said he'd cut his beard if he got 30'd if I remember correctly and then argued that he didn't get thirtied. That's a different thing than saying he'd cut it if he lost because you can at least argue the former, the second is inarguable. Opponents turned it into a claim that he said that he'd cut it if he lost flat out for an angle.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
This was 574 era so no slouch socks lol

hilarious that someone says area guys have no style and gets jumped on tho. We take that personal :dead:

lol i don't blame you. i never rocked Madness or whatever but definitely had some NBs tho. couldn't do the slouch socks either.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was totally on JJDD side until i found out he was flash dancing. I think Ace is kinda toxic but JJDD should consider himself fortunate if Ace just battles him and moves on.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
The Murdaland/Cave fight changed the trajectory of battle rap.

At the time, Cave was on top of the world. They had the most talent and the most gas. Roc was still the face of URL, Brizz was murdering dudes and was poised to be URL's next superstar, Chess was battle rap's wunderkind, Ave was right there with Nitty as URL's most coveted puncher, and Mook's status was being questioned.

Fast forward, Roc is URL's laughing stock and not a face the company would want to get behind. Brizz no longer battles. Chess, though his reputation received a boost for how he handled himself, isn't as prevalent in the grand scheme. Nobody is calling out Ave anymore, and Mook is back on top of the world and no one is questioning his status or whether he fits into the current battle rap era. And the only reason T-Top hasn't suffered as much for his shenanigans is cuz he's NWX.

It reads like a Shakespearean tragedy.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The Murdaland/Cave fight changed the trajectory of battle rap.

At the time, Cave was on top of the world. They had the most talent and the most gas. Roc was still the face of URL, Brizz was murdering dudes and was poised to be URL's next superstar, Chess was battle rap's wunderkind, Ave was right there with Nitty as URL's most coveted puncher, and Mook's status was being questioned.

Fast forward, Roc is URL's laughing stock and not a face the company would want to get behind. Brizz no longer battles. Chess, though his reputation received a boost for how he handled himself, isn't as prevalent in the grand scheme. Nobody is calling out Ave anymore, and Mook is back on top of the world and no one is questioning his status or whether he fits into the current battle rap era. And the only reason T-Top hasn't suffered as much for his shenanigans is cuz he's NWX.

It reads like a Shakespearean tragedy.
:wow: