Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Ace round from the Ty pretty battle. Quality shyt from him, but even in this joint he couldn't get through the material cleanly. I'm still a believer in his ability but there's literally no way that you can trust this dude on a big stage to beat a locked in vet. If battle rap had substantial betting I'd fade this nikka Ace every time in a big battle. Every single time and again, I think he has the talent to be a problem in kinda an Ill Will sense (in that if he's on his shyt, his style can fukk the majority of battlers up) but he's just not in the same galaxy as Will is in terms of delivering his shyt cleanly.

Ace is nice af to me, but like you said, he is madd sloppy. He needs to run thru his shyt with DNA or K Shine or some other vet a couple 5-10 times before the battles or something, I think more rehearsing would get him right.

He's turned himself into battle rap's bad guy too so that doesn't really help his position either, the little dweeby fans hate him for being a bully and too aggressive and all that, lol, I'm surprised he's still around.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fonz had a good point, Ave wins battles and doesn't get plates. He wins and people usually talk about his opponent's performance more, whether good or bad. Even in this one I feel Fonz's performance, the fact he stood toe to toe with Ave, is going to be the story, even though Ave beat him 2-1.

Ave needs to reinvent himself. If you watched one AVE round you basically watched all of them. I typically watch AVE battles for the opponent lol.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Ace round from the Ty pretty battle. Quality shyt from him, but even in this joint he couldn't get through the material cleanly. I'm still a believer in his ability but there's literally no way that you can trust this dude on a big stage to beat a locked in vet. If battle rap had substantial betting I'd fade this nikka Ace every time in a big battle. Every single time and again, I think he has the talent to be a problem in kinda an Ill Will sense (in that if he's on his shyt, his style can fukk the majority of battlers up) but he's just not in the same galaxy as Will is in terms of delivering his shyt cleanly.

Ace is bringing in a lot of elements that aren't good for battle rap and I don't think he's that big of a deal as a battler to justify all the drama. Can we get a round that is as attention grabbing as the antics?

John John kinda owes him an opportunity but he's not ready for that as a battler yet.

Edit

I believe in Ace more as a RAPPER than a URL battler. He's nice, he has his own story, he has the credibility and he's not scared to promote himself. He can record and re-record until things sound perfect.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ace is bringing in a lot of elements that aren't good for battle rap and I don't think he's that big of a deal as a battler to justify all the drama. Can we get a round that is as attention grabbing as the antics?

John John kinda owes him an opportunity but he's not ready for that as a battler yet.
facts

Imo ace was in 2nd place for battlers most likely to get shot, behind NJT

nikka has more bullshyt attached to his name than he does clean battles, but talks like he earned stripes in battle rap

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ave needs to reinvent himself. If you watched one AVE round you basically watched all of them. I typically watch AVE battles for the opponent lol.
Yep, the nikka been on a treadmill for years

That's what makes nittys run even more crazy imo, nikka was really outdoing himself every battle, added rebuttals and all.

most of the other punchers peaked early and just stayed at that level until people got tired of em, it's lowkey like looking in a time capsule when they rap

PUN711

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, the nikka been on a treadmill for years

That's what makes nittys run even more crazy imo, nikka was really outdoing himself every battle, added rebuttals and all.

most of the other punchers peaked early and just stayed at that level until people got tired of em, it's lowkey like looking in a time capsule when they rap

How do you get off the treadmill? That's what I always wonder, what makes certain battlers click for people as opposed for others. Cause he's still winning battles, still giving you three good rounds. There are other rappers who've become top tier who are fairly one dimensional.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you get off the treadmill? That's what I always wonder, what makes certain battlers click for people as opposed for others. Cause he's still winning battles, still giving you three good rounds. There are other rappers who've become top tier who are fairly one dimensional.

Maybe a trip to Beasley's fun house :dame:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
you gotta elevate at some point, none of ave's battles show any progress or growth in his style, you could put all of em in a playlist and you'd think it was from the same year if not for the current event lines

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have to improve and reinvent yourself. Its that simple. And that's a life lesson, not some battle rap shyt. So while Ave is still technically winning battles nobody cares because he's been doing the exact same shyt for years now.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I have no doubt he did, i just dont want to see another battle where b magic has at maximum one good round and then proceeds to get his soul lifted immediately

Sikh’s nice but the best flow talk is cap, it rarely switches up and gets nursery rhymey at times

Last edited: