Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was watching a Peter Gunz interview with GullyTV, he said Beasley used to manager him and Lord Tariq and is the one who pushed for them to make Deja Vu (Uptown) a single. He said Beasley doesn't get enough credit, people just see him on URL but don't give him his props for other shyt he did.

I used to read all the rap magazines and before 2000 there used to be a ton of creative people working in and around hip-hop. then all those people just faded away once it became all about numbers. It's dope that he was able to make a business out of a less diluted form of hip-hop.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
JC vs Deep Freezer dropping soon bro. Chill.

That's some Chilla Jones double scheme type punch

Triple cuz it's goin in the vault :mjlol:

LMAO it hits cause its true

giphy.gif

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Single was flames... BUT I hope beas got them some money from it, cause Steely Dan came through with the damn flutes...

Steely Dan hit them dudes hard af with the file. They made no bread from the recording and I think were banned from performing it

I wonder if Beasley got his cut tho :lolbron:

If it was his decision to film a song called Uptown Baby at Shea then it’s fukk beas forever

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was watching a Peter Gunz interview with GullyTV, he said Beasley used to manager him and Lord Tariq and is the one who pushed for them to make Deja Vu (Uptown) a single. He said Beasley doesn't get enough credit, people just see him on URL but don't give him his props for other shyt he did.

I actually thought this was my post lol. I literally posted this in here weeks ago

Listening to Peter Gunz on Gullytv. He said Beasley managed him and Lord Tariq and played a huge part of their single coming out back in the day.

How old is Beasley exactly? Peter Gunz is 51.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bigg k ended a nikkas career coming right out the can lmao. Top battle rap round in history too, no debating. No round has gotten a nikka the fukk out of here like that. :mjlol:
Most impactful round probably, most damaging. Top battle round is something else, imo, top round sounds more like best round, and Bigg K's definitely wasn't that. Bars wise, Ahdi kinda beat Bigg K, lol...but it doesn't matter, Bigg K won off a 1st round knockout. Bigg K did him like Drago did Apollo Creed.