Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ace is bringing in a lot of elements that aren't good for battle rap and I don't think he's that big of a deal as a battler to justify all the drama. Can we get a round that is as attention grabbing as the antics?

John John kinda owes him an opportunity but he's not ready for that as a battler yet.

Edit

I believe in Ace more as a RAPPER than a URL battler. He's nice, he has his own story, he has the credibility and he's not scared to promote himself. He can record and re-record until things sound perfect.
not a fan of it either
but them bars he spit was crazy
the bread tie, adolescent lines fiya

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ace is bringing in a lot of elements that aren't good for battle rap and I don't think he's that big of a deal as a battler to justify all the drama. Can we get a round that is as attention grabbing as the antics?

John John kinda owes him an opportunity but he's not ready for that as a battler yet.

Edit

I believe in Ace more as a RAPPER than a URL battler. He's nice, he has his own story, he has the credibility and he's not scared to promote himself. He can record and re-record until things sound perfect.

Ace has to get the basics down before he can even think of a guy like Todd. There’s no doubt in my mind he’d have the better material, but he lacks the professionalism required to beat John.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I was watching a Peter Gunz interview with GullyTV, he said Beasley used to manager him and Lord Tariq and is the one who pushed for them to make Deja Vu (Uptown) a single. He said Beasley doesn't get enough credit, people just see him on URL but don't give him his props for other shyt he did.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was watching a Peter Gunz interview with GullyTV, he said Beasley used to manager him and Lord Tariq and is the one who pushed for them to make Deja Vu (Uptown) a single. He said Beasley doesn't get enough credit, people just see him on URL but don't give him his props for other shyt he did.

Single was flames... BUT I hope beas got them some money from it, cause Steely Dan came through with the damn flutes...

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
How do you get off the treadmill? That's what I always wonder, what makes certain battlers click for people as opposed for others. Cause he's still winning battles, still giving you three good rounds. There are other rappers who've become top tier who are fairly one dimensional.

I think its hard when the biggest names that Ave has beat clearly didnt give a fukk about the battle.

Ave be winning but he doesnt make an example of nikkas. Hard to get over that "hump" when your biggest battles are forgettable as fukk.

Perfect example....Clips clearly didnt give a fukk about battling Nitty, but Nitty punched him out the building and made that W matter.

Clips/Ave? Yea, Ave won I guess but it was just a mediocre performance beating a trash performance

Math clearly didnt give a fukk about battling Ave. Yea Ave with the 3-0 but nobody remembers anything besides Math up there stumbling like a fool.

Math/T-Top though? Yea Math didnt care about that one either. But T-Top sent that nikka soul flying in the 3rd and made that W matter.

See the trend?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I think its hard when the biggest names that Ave has beat clearly didnt give a fukk about the battle.

Ave be winning but he doesnt make an example of nikkas. Hard to get over that "hump" when your biggest battles are forgettable as fukk.

Perfect example....Clips clearly didnt give a fukk about battling Nitty, but Nitty punched him out the building and made that W matter.

Clips/Ave? Yea, Ave won I guess but it was just a mediocre performance beating a trash performance

Math clearly didnt give a fukk about battling Ave. Yea Ave with the 3-0 but nobody remembers anything besides Math up there stumbling like a fool.

Math/T-Top though? Yea Math didnt care about that one either. But T-Top sent that nikka soul flying in the 3rd and made that W matter.

See the trend?

You don't feel like Ave's 3rd round against Fonz was different?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Single was flames... BUT I hope beas got them some money from it, cause Steely Dan came through with the damn flutes...

Beasley was in the music industry for years, so if he didn't make any off that, he probably did from some other records. He used to be the A&R at Asylum.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hanz said "Suge press G5 so much on a vending machine his finger is jet lagged" and I'm laughing hysterically. LMAOOOO that shyt is dumb funny for some reason.

Suge 2-1. I had it 1-1 going into the 3rd, I preferred Hanz material but he choked in the third, so Suge gets the Auto Win. Short/decent battle.

Last edited:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
You don't feel like Ave's 3rd round against Fonz was different?

I havent watched it, but its Fonz. My point was when Ave gets a legit name he doesnt use it to his advantage and shake shyt up.

The Ars battle was the best argument one could make IMO and even in that battle it was a sharp decline after the 1st.