Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dave Chappelle just did a special explaining how helpless you are without proper paperwork.
Does Norbes deserve a check? Yes.
Is it right to not pay him? No.
Does he have a strong case in court? Not really:yeshrug:

That handshake business model strikes again:francis:
Dave Chappelle did a special where he talked about how he got into a situation because he didnt have leverage and now that he feels he has leverage he is trying to change what he did in the past. Dave was a grown man making these decisions he now regrets, and he's appealing to the emotions of people who have probably felt that same regret at some point. I see the same general thing happening with this Norbes situation.

It's business, there are contracts (or there are not), there is no "right" or "wrong".

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Dave Chappelle did a special where he talked about how he got into a situation because he didnt have leverage and now that he feels he has leverage he is trying to change what he did in the past. Dave was a grown man making these decisions he now regrets, and he's appealing to the emotions of people who have probably felt that same regret at some point. I see the same general thing happening with this Norbes situation.

It's business, there are contracts (or there are not), there is no "right" or "wrong".

Goodnight.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
No one including myself is denying how much work Norbes has put. Despite of all his fukkery we can't take that away from him. Imo the question is, if he done that work as an employee, receiving a periodic check, why would he be entitled to more? Twizz played a huge part in how URL developed visually, does that mean he should get 40 mil as well?

It definitely does go back to their earlier argument about whether Norbes was a co-founder/co-owner or not. I think Twizz's position way different; he definitely helped build URL's look but he only played the roll of a camera man and editor. If Twizz was known as a co-founder allegedly, it would have been said at this point. If Norbes has been there from the actual beginning like others have been saying in other interviews and so forth, its technically been documented. Still, if they didn't have paperwork between them like terms of agreement, I am not sure how far Norbes will get with the lawsuit. I don't think he'll get $40M, might get something...we'll see. If URL drags this out to the point they think they can dry out Norbes on money for a lawyer, he's shyt of luck.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I’m fukking with Eazy Da Block Captain. Him and top should be a good battle. I just think top have more experience and will be able to pull off the win. On paper volume 6 should be a great event.

I feel like Top spits a lot of vague bars about selling dope. Eazy gets a bit more specific on top of having a slightly better pen IMO. I think the differences will show and unless Top has some angle for his third it may get dark. Eazy is focused right now.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Dave Chappelle just did a special explaining how helpless you are without proper paperwork.
Does Norbes deserve a check? Yes.
Is it right to not pay him? No.
Does he have a strong case in court? Not really:yeshrug:

That handshake business model strikes again:francis:

Implied contracts are a thing. I haven't been following this shyt but if there is no contract at all, then Norbes should have enough to establish that there was an implicit contract and will most likely get paid.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk Norbes. This fat fukk was always doing some bullshyt. He always struck me as a sleazy person. Yes, he did have a part in URL success but it bullshyt to think SMACK and Beasley wouldn’t of found someone else to do that roll. Norbes should probably receive something but nowhere close to 7 figures(him suing for 8 figures is laughable). Especially if he isn’t on the necessary paperwork. He should of conducted business better. If he wasn’t responsible for all this fukkery he would still be with the company.
He is a fay sleazeball but I doubt he came up with the $40 million figure his lawyers did and they always go way above that's just how it works. Shiy I bet he'd be ecstatic eith $400,000. Also I wonder how and how much he was getting paid? Was it his only gig? If he was being paid a pittance then that implies that he was working for equity

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Top spits a lot of vague bars about selling dope. Eazy gets a bit more specific on top of having a slightly better pen IMO. I think the differences will show and unless Top has some angle for his third it may get dark. Eazy is focused right now.
I agree Eazy is more specific and believable with his dope raps. However I don’t think he is more lyrical or have a better pen than Top. I’m definitely looking forward to this battle.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Implied contracts are a thing. I haven't been following this shyt but if there is no contract at all, then Norbes should have enough to establish that there was an implicit contract and will most likely get paid.
Should have enough what?
Looks like he was just a recruiter... nothing about his job says equal partner.