Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
^Geechi is one of my Top 3 overall favorite battlers currently...but he ain’t no lyrical wizard his damn self so hearing that from him is ironic. He’s not even top 5 of the West as far as lyricism..

1. Daylyt
2. B-Dot
3. Nitty
4. Dizaster
5. Danny Myers

Bro Nitty isn't a better lyricist than Danny or Dizaster. He isn't even a lyricist smh I'm really tired of this nikka Nitty. Most overrated nikka in battlerap.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro Nitty isn't a better lyricist than Danny or Dizaster. He isn't even a lyricist smh I'm really tired of this nikka Nitty. Most overrated nikka in battlerap.
Maybe not better than Diz but definitely better than Danny. Yikes!! :comeon:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps

The bigger point is he’s a big name on the West whose notches ahead of Geechi lyrically. As far as your personal gripes, take that up with HR. Can’t help you.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I never kept up with the URL/Norbes case, but was Norbes working for free? Im confused.

If his job was to find talent, and URL was paying him to find talent...........where is the issue?

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one including myself is denying how much work Norbes has put. Despite of all his fukkery we can't take that away from him. Imo the question is, if he done that work as an employee, receiving a periodic check, why would he be entitled to more? Twizz played a huge part in how URL developed visually, does that mean he should get 40 mil as well?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Maybe not better than Diz but definitely better than Danny. Yikes!! :comeon:

Again. If were speaking LYRICISM, Danny >>>>>>>> Rum. If you say otherwise you clearly don't know what lyricism is.

The bigger point is he’s a big name on the West whose notches ahead of Geechi lyrically. As far as your personal gripes, take that up with HR. Can’t help you.

nikkas Billy Boondocks is better than Geechi lyrically. Hell a soft shell taco is too. That wasn't your point when you made that top 5. That list wasn't "5 dudes lyrically better than Geechi" it was "5 most lyrical dudes in the west". Nevermind.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
No one including myself is denying how much work Norbes has put. Despite of all his fukkery we can't take that away from him. Imo the question is, if he done that work as an employee, receiving a periodic check, why would he be entitled to more? Twizz played a huge part in how URL developed visually, does that mean he should get 40 mil as well?
I'm not gonna lie. Maybe it's because I'm headed towards old age now but battle rap fans are some of the lowest IQ muthaphuckas I've ever come across on the internet. The definition of "they just be saying anything".

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m fukking with Eazy Da Block Captain. Him and top should be a good battle. I just think top have more experience and will be able to pull off the win. On paper volume 6 should be a great event.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Whether what Norbes did is/was replaceable isn’t the point. The facts still remains... Norbes is directly responsible for recruiting most of URL’s current roster which they are/have profited from... which got them sponsors, ppv, caffeine, etc. You can argue that none of this would be possible without Norbes. You have battlers on camera admitting Norbes recruited me. What more do you want? He’s entitled to a check.

Dave Chappelle just did a special explaining how helpless you are without proper paperwork.
Does Norbes deserve a check? Yes.
Is it right to not pay him? No.
Does he have a strong case in court? Not really:yeshrug:

That handshake business model strikes again:francis:

Last edited:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm not gonna lie. Maybe it's because I'm headed towards old age now but battle rap fans are some of the lowest IQ muthaphuckas I've ever come across on the internet. The definition of "they just be saying anything".
It’s people in general, the internet has allowed low IQ discourse to spread without refute for the longest