Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watch the Norbert untold truth.. “whatchu mean you entitled, son?” :mjlol:

On some real shyt tho.. I feel for Norbes.. it’s obvious, there wouldn’t be no url without Norbes. If he has a half competent lawyer, this is easy as shyt to prove in court. You have the top battlers saying on camera that they wouldn’t be here without Norbes.

To keep it a buck, I had no idea Norbes was responsible for bringing in all this talent. KOTD & RBE dumb ass fukk for not bringing him in.
Nobody wants to deal with his fukkery.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smh...I agree with Geechi Gotti...he said Clips and DNA are the most basic battlers ever to him. I don't understand how that ABC, see the rhyme coming from a mile away rapping is pleasurable to the listener. People like it tho so hey.. The disses were cool tho, I just hate his remedial rhyming style.

DNA stepped his shyt up, him against Vixen showed me he has been working on improving his pen. He still lost tho.
Geechi got some damn nerve calling somebody basic.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nobody wants to deal with his fukkery.

True but if they needed him to be the fall guy in public and to do the scouting, that can't be denied. Plus, it looks shaky that Chico is too quiet and it seems he might have been one of the main reasons Norbes is gone.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that makes me feel for Norbes, and i mean I always thought Norbes knew more than the others as far as the talent, but it seems like smack and beasley dont know anything about which battlers are hot etc especially when the company actually started. they wouldve been completely lost especially when they didnt even have money to pay the battlers at first, obviously this is Norbes side of the story but the clips of Rex basically saying the same thing, and when you even hear the others talk like beasley would sometimes give weird reasons for matchups like I remember math saying beasely setup the math /jones battles cause they were both tall. and magic/big t at that nome beasely was just like well everyone will face everyone at some point. smack def hardly knows anyone except whoever is "his gunner" at the time. now im not saying it had to be norbes but they had norbes do it so. he really did train his replacement and get played. theres a$$holes in every business. like if norbes really wasnt expendable at this moment, you think he wouldve been fired over the twork shyt? theres no way. and twork is a fukk up too which i keep saying. yall saying norbes would be fired but twork wouldve been fired before norbes even got to holler at his baby moms if this was a real job. that real job dont work this isnt a real job

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk Norbes. This fat fukk was always doing some bullshyt. He always struck me as a sleazy person. Yes, he did have a part in URL success but it bullshyt to think SMACK and Beasley wouldn’t of found someone else to do that roll. Norbes should probably receive something but nowhere close to 7 figures(him suing for 8 figures is laughable). Especially if he isn’t on the necessary paperwork. He should of conducted business better. If he wasn’t responsible for all this fukkery he would still be with the company.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I sometimes think some of y'all have never really been in business environments or even real life. Yeah, Norbes did a lot, but what he did was always replaceable. If you're going to carry yourself the way Norbes carries/carried himself, you need to be doing something that isn't duplicatable, or you need to just fall in line. That's just how these things work; I'm not sure how people are really feling sorry for him.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I sometimes think some of y'all have never really been in business environments or even real life. Yeah, Norbes did a lot, but what he did was always replaceable. If you're going to carry yourself the way Norbes carries/carried himself, you need to be doing something that isn't duplicatable, or you need to just fall in line. That's just how these things work; I'm not sure how people are really feling sorry for him.

Whether what Norbes did is/was replaceable isn’t the point. The facts still remains... Norbes is directly responsible for recruiting most of URL’s current roster which they are/have profited from... which got them sponsors, ppv, caffeine, etc. You can argue that none of this would be possible without Norbes. You have battlers on camera admitting Norbes recruited me. What more do you want? He’s entitled to a check.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether what Norbes did is/was replaceable isn’t the point. The facts still remains... Norbes is directly responsible for recruiting most of URL’s current roster which they are/have profited from... which got them sponsors, ppv, caffeine, etc. You can argue that none of this would be possible without Norbes. You have battlers on camera admitting Norbes recruited me. What more do you want? He’s entitled to a check.

you come off stupid, as usual. Norbes was a talent scout and that was the job. He’s not entitled to a check solely based off that.

However, if he was truly a partner, then yes he deserves something. If not, it’s time to move on.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

Feeling sorry is a stretch. I've been said Norbes is an a$$hole. And I was never cool with the fact he would talk shyt about other leagues as well or seem like he would do wild shyt to some of the talent in battle rap. However, if he is technically seen as one of the founders and he did do his job to bring in talent, you still have to look at that. Even in business, you just dont replace one of the founders like that either; partners do buy partners out. Or maybe there are other options. His downfall...he doesnt have a contract with Smack, Beasley, and Chico. The upside for him...he has quite a few of the biggest names in battle rap saying in numerous interviews that Norbes was the connect to make it all happen for them. I am not sure but I dont think Norbes would pursue without some proof of him putting in the groundwork. The interviews are just one thing...he might have other shyt writing. I dont know. That's my take away on all this.

But I am questioned by some thing. If there was no contract between them, why do they have countless contracts with the battle rappers? Just something that occurred to me.

Right. Now, he is buggin' with the $40M but I get it. Especially if they told him they will get back to him with a number.

Last edited:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
40 million doesn’t mean anything everyone asks for a ridiculous amount up front , is URL even worth 40 mill ? The obvious comparison would be dame dash but dash was a legit partner at least. I don’t mind him trying to get some kind of severance pay and maybe they weren’t trying to even give him that so he needed to get a lawyer

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The nikka is responsible for urls entire roster. You can’t deny his eye for talent. Without Norbes there is no url.

True but if they needed him to be the fall guy in public and to do the scouting, that can't be denied. Plus, it looks shaky that Chico is too quiet and it seems he might have been one of the main reasons Norbes is gone.

I was responding to the guy asking why KOTD or RBE aren't fukking with him. He's said slick shyt about them, and is more trouble than he's worth.