Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting

I think Flip should have took that series more serious (in his own way of course). I think it would be more entertaining then Math’s series.
Flip was never going to do that. He always just using battle rap to propel him to do other shyt, he's not really into it like that. It worked out well for him though, now he can do interviews with ex cons and act like an honorary Blood.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Because the quiet room was wack IMO. How many of those battles do you go back and watch?

The only reason it works now is because we have to accept it. There’s a pandemic so it fits the current times. Once the pandemic passes, it will be time to move on.

I think the best form of battle rap is a small crowd, which is why I gravitate to the volume series. I also love the big stages because I appreciate the showmanship that it requires.

No crowd battles? I accept them because of the current times, but these battles rarely have any replay value. There’s probably a few that I would be willing to go back and watch. I can understand why you have people out there that prefer no crowd battles, but they’re in the minority.

Hey, you can call it wack all you want....BUT when it's needed in the situation we're as a society, you can't clown it or complain about it anymore. Some of the battles do have more replay value than others, I agree with you there. But if anything, it keeps the game movin' overall. Is it the best solution? No, because fans like yourself need the big stages and like it. I don't mind the big stages but I also understood the concept of the quiet room and I fukked because I want to hear how some of these rappers get down without a crew around and gas in the room.

No where do I draw the line? I definitely don't want to see a battle in someone's broom closet. LOL. KOTD did something in someone's basement and it at least looked pretty slick. iBattle did the same.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flip was never going to do that. He always just using battle rap to propel him to do other shyt, he's not really into it like that. It worked out well for him though, now he can do interviews with ex cons and act like an honorary Blood.

I don’t view flip’s “I wanna battle” as battle rap, just funny content for the channel. I’m just saying he should of stuck with it, but fixed up the presentation. Basically it’s flips hood version of wild n out.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey, you can call it wack all you want....BUT when it's needed in the situation we're as a society, you can't clown it or complain about it anymore. Some of the battles do have more replay value than others, I agree with you there. But if anything, it keeps the game movin' overall. Is it the best solution? No, because fans like yourself need the big stages and like it. I don't mind the big stages but I also understood the concept of the quiet room and I fukked because I want to hear how some of these rappers get down without a crew around and gas in the room.

No where do I draw the line? I definitely don't want to see a battle in someone's broom closet. LOL. KOTD did something in someone's basement and it at least looked pretty slick. iBattle did the same.

I already beat you to the punch with my initial post. I clearly said the reason why it works is due to the pandemic. If there is no pandemic, quiet room style battles would not be as accepted.

I’m not tripping off quiet room battles. I accept them for the times we are in

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I already beat you to the punch with my initial post. I clearly said the reason why it works is due to the pandemic. If there is no pandemic, quiet room style battles would not be as accepted.

I’m not tripping off quiet room battles. I accept them for the times we are in

My nikka, this is not a contest. LOL. I spoke my piece, you spoke yours. I told you disagree all the fukk you want. Cot damn. Chill out.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miles ahead of Jey as far as what????? Hes not even a better puncher than Jey. Damn sure can't write with him..

Everything! Writing punches angles stage present etc. Sikh can hold his own Vs vets cause hes far more seasoned then any of the other rookies.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Everything! Writing punches angles stage present etc. Sikh can hold his own Vs vets cause hes far more seasoned then any of the other rookies.

nikka you crazy. If you actually listen than you can tell Sikh writing is nowhere Jeys or KCs (who also held their own against vets. Hell the latter arguably beat the greatest writer in battlerap). Hell Sikh barely better than Kroog.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

They battled literally this year, with months of prep time so it wasn't short notice

Jey showed it was levels to that shyt

"they gon remember me for killing you, but they'll have to remind me i did it"

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They battled literally this year, with months of prep time so it wasn't short notice

Jey showed it was levels to that shyt

"they gon remember me for killing you, but they'll have to remind me i did it"

Was mad debatable in my opinion. Could've went either way if I remember correctly. Jey pen is nice but for some reason I just can't get past his cornyness. Sikhs rounds vs chilla are better then anything I've heard of Jey :yeshrug:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Was mad debatable in my opinion. Could've went either way if I remember correctly. Jey pen is nice but for some reason I just can't get past his cornyness. Sikhs rounds vs chilla are better then anything I've heard of Jey :yeshrug:

I see why you like O Red now smh.

Side note. Saga is trash.