Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ARP on Live right now going at Math and even he got Nicky winning smh.

Now he tryna promote Bigg K vs Dizaster. :snoop:
Edit - didnt see the post above

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
So wait a god damn sec. Latin rap superstar nicky jam is battle rapping? Wtf. Someone explain how this happened :mindblown:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
So wait a god damn sec. Latin rap superstar nicky jam is battle rapping? Wtf. Someone explain how this happened :mindblown:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing is that Math loves all this shyt. He just wants to be talked about, he doesn't care if it's negative publicity or positive publicity. Battle rap just needs to start ignoring that nikka.

:usure: Yes he does care, if he didn't knowledge woulda never got 'fired'

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
might give it jey 2-1 maybe 3-0

Saga stumbling a bit through rounds 1 and 2
Jey's 2nd rapping fast and clean, aint he supposed to be a slow rapper?
jey 3rd a whole joke round tho :russ:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
facts

plus if you look back at the UM1 tournament it wasnt like he killed anyone; you could easily debate that Jey, J Krooger and DEFINITELY Eazy the block captain took those battles. Ace would've beat him too if he wasnt going for antics
Yea he's gonna end up like prep and wavy when they got bodied :mjlol: hopefully he can bounce back

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing is that Math loves all this shyt. He just wants to be talked about, he doesn't care if it's negative publicity or positive publicity. Battle rap just needs to start ignoring that nikka.

Nah he does care. When rapping comes into play he doesn't get treated like he's special. That gets to him. He sees the treatment guys like Lux & Surf get and he wonders why he doesn't get it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when Queenzflip got clowned for that Quiet Room or Small Room shyt he was doing. Guess it was ahead of its time in hindsight.

Because the quiet room was wack IMO. How many of those battles do you go back and watch?

The only reason it works now is because we have to accept it. There’s a pandemic so it fits the current times. Once the pandemic passes, it will be time to move on.

I think the best form of battle rap is a small crowd, which is why I gravitate to the volume series. I also love the big stages because I appreciate the showmanship that it requires.

No crowd battles? I accept them because of the current times, but these battles rarely have any replay value. There’s probably a few that I would be willing to go back and watch. I can understand why you have people out there that prefer no crowd battles, but they’re in the minority.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the people that were part of Flip's team at the time are part of Math's team now

Interesting

I think Flip should have took that series more serious (in his own way of course). I think it would be more entertaining then Math’s series.