Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I'm arguably the biggest Math fan here, and I see it. I do kinda understand that he's dedicated like half his life to BR, and wants his legacy to be respected.

OTOH, I wholeheartedly believe there are people and forces working against him, including URL staff. They don't want talent adopting his attitudes and positions, as they have probably been ripping nikkas off from jump. He's also one of the few that doesn't rely on any league, so he can tell the 100% truth, and URL DOES NOT like that. I would like if he lets the work talk for him, but, with URL blatantly against him, the narratives and bullshyt are in full force. He could probably navigate it better, but that's probably a hell of a lot easier from where we sit.

And fukk the bullshyt, Math on his shyt is one of the most dangerous battlers ever. People (and URL) running the fakkity interference be damned. He's so one of the better musicians. You don’t have to like him, but it is what it is.

Math absolutely needs to handle things better, BUT. This is also true. The way he bodied Hollow should have gotten more attention.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I'm arguably the biggest Math fan here, and I see it. I do kinda understand that he's dedicated like half his life to BR, and wants his legacy to be respected.

OTOH, I wholeheartedly believe there are people and forces working against him, including URL staff. They don't want talent adopting his attitudes and positions, as they have probably been ripping nikkas off from jump. He's also one of the few that doesn't rely on any league, so he can tell the 100% truth, and URL DOES NOT like that. I would like if he lets the work talk for him, but, with URL blatantly against him, the narratives and bullshyt are in full force. He could probably navigate it better, but that's probably a hell of a lot easier from where we sit.

And fukk the bullshyt, Math on his shyt is one of the most dangerous battlers ever. People (and URL) running the fakkity interference be damned. He's so one of the better musicians. You don’t have to like him, but it is what it is.

There's also the rumors (or is it known at this point?) that Math snatched a puss that belonged to Beasley. Math alluded to this in one of his YT lives

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think a lot of math’s pr issues could be solved by being on cam a lot less. He’s grating when you hear him too much. Does he really need that in between the lines thing? It’s like CAPS...but Math. Who asked for that?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
No. You don't. Battle rap is 100 RAPPING. The writing is first and foremost. No. Its ONLYMOST. nikkas aren't performing THEN writing. nikka write THEN perform. The fact that yall saying Shines performance voids Chess powerful writing in that particular battle is inane. Thats not what this is about. fukk Shine he ass.

I agree with delivery though...
You sound like the sort of dude who has Eminem in his Top 50 :mjlol:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
My nikka GE appreciation?
BET!!! :blessed:

30/30 hang from my belt,
these pair are Ecko
Cannon on the right, Cannon on the left,
like Rafael De La Ghetto
:wow:

(0:40)

Yeah nikka let's go,
but my nikkas let go.. and clap Brizz
They HATE battle rappers,
they don't even know who SMACK is!!!

:wow:

Lemme find out you servin on my trap,
that's when shyt get real
My stomach touchin my back, and I'm STRAPPED
What I look like missing meals/(mr)Mills :wow:

For the right price, I kill a nikka
won't think twice, just gimme the info
Enter calm, drive thru... get Mills out the window!! :scusthov:
Intercom, drive-thru, meals out the window...
"THAT SHYT GO TOGETHER" :banderas::banderas::banderas:

I'm at yo trap, then act G
if U N It,
I'll have "50" Sent/Cent thru his window like Curtis Jackson :whew:

2 arms up, 12 o'clock..
you KNOW the time,
your nikkaa watch, point 1 at him..
now its 12:05 :scusthov:

2day you gon die, somebody pour out liquor
I empty the 40 on yo block, but wont miss yo nikkas :scusthov:

Pour out liquor.. empty the 40.. miss yo nikkas........ :youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
When it comes to Math...a few things...

1. He has a platform bigger than most battle rappers with MEO. He’s been on the daily news in NY with it, His battle with Meth did 1 Million views independently. Obviously, he doesn’t need a league like ol boy said so why would he still have an axe to grind?

2. Leagues and battle rap fans at large don’t hate Math. There’s only 1 (which happens to be the biggest but still). ARP is his friend. KOTD has no issues with him. I’m sure most of the smaller leagues would book him. His “woe is me” narrative that the battle rap community is against him is overblown. See my first point about how big MEO is, 1 Mill views on an independent battle, etc. Someone truly “hated” by the BRC isn’t garnering that.

3. Even if there is some conspiracy against him and URL has him “blackballed” from their platform...what does that have to do with his peers who he is cool with who have appeared on his show and are NOT bought by the URL (Mook, Lux, Goodz)...not thinking he is worthy of a battle?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nygga please the url is by far one of the most forgiving leagues and put personal shyt aside all the time for the sake of the business

all that shyt about smashing Beasleys girl and they still put his ass on SM, where he took an embarrassing loss to AVE.

Math completely drops the ball on the url man. He takes nasty losses (ttop, ave, etc)

He needs to be in low pressure environments like RBE. When he’s on the URL, his anxiety gets out of control, and he has to run to his therapist and cry about it .

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nygga please the url is by far one of the most forgiving leagues and put personal shyt aside all the time for the sake of the business

all that shyt about smashing Beasleys girl and they still put his ass on SM, where he took an embarrassing loss to AVE.

Math completely drops the ball on the url man. He takes nasty losses (ttop, ave, etc)

He needs to be in low pressure environments like RBE. When he’s on the URL, his anxiety gets out of control, and he has to run to his therapist and cry about it .
URL is "forgiving", but:
  • Exposed even more for blocking battles, even paying people to not battle on other leagues
  • Has blatantly controlled media
You say they hold no grudges, but:
  • Dropped the Ave battle right before the Hollow event
  • Did the extra fakkity troll video with Wess/Wavy when people were mad Math/Cortez weren't on Double Impact
  • Math goes onto beat the brakes off Hollow, the only URL affiliated media platform that covers it is Champion. And they downplayed it.
  • Paid and contracted Math to battle Geechi, didn't happen conveniently around the Drink Champs ep where he starts the discussion on getting all your money, and royalties on your battles.
  • 30d a god tier, no battles

Sounds "forgiving" to me:francis:

EDIT: Forgot, MEO is the biggest thing in the culture, nobody mentions it on URL, even regarding them.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math really on his Live right now upset that guys use RBE offers to battle him as leverage in their URL negotiations. Math is a smart guy though so I would assume he does the exact same shyt, particularly as a guy who is willing to battle on any platform.

I will give Math props for 1 thing though, dude is competitive and is always willing to battle someone. Unfortunately for him most of the elite guys dont really see him as their competition so they just ignore his chasing but at the very least I can respect that he's in this sport to win battles, and I can't really imagine him ducking.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
There's also the rumors (or is it known at this point?) that Math snatched a puss that belonged to Beasley. Math alluded to this in one of his YT lives
He also alluded to either beating up Beasley or another URL higher up. Math as a person is a piece of shyt and there's nothing debatable about that. With that said, Math also have one of the more brilliant battle rap minds. His battle rap IQ is way up there and it's obvious he has a deep love for the culture. However, Math is his own worst enemy and because he is bad mind everything he does won't reach it's full potential. I say all of that as someone who respects Math. Dude's mindset is completely fukked up. I wish he would snap out of it because he's right on the cusp of doing something great with his show.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

The problem is the second this nikka gets to a po
URL is "forgiving", but:
  • Exposed even more for blocking battles, even paying people to not battle on other leagues
  • Has blatantly controlled media
You say they hold no grudges, but:
  • Dropped the Ave battle right before the Hollow event
  • Did the extra fakkity troll video with Wess/Wavy when people were mad Math/Cortez weren't on Double Impact
  • Math goes onto beat the brakes off Hollow, the only URL affiliated media platform that covers it is Champion. And they downplayed it.
  • Paid and contracted Math to battle Geechi, didn't happen conveniently around the Drink Champs ep where he starts the discussion on getting all your money, and royalties on your battles.
  • 30d a god tier, no battles

Sounds "forgiving" to me:francis:

EDIT: Forgot, MEO is the biggest thing in the culture, nobody mentions it on URL, even regarding them.
nikkas have physically threatened URL staff, twork even beat one up

And how many times have dudes stolen deppsits or just straight up freestyled rounds and then admitted it later with no remorse......all forgiven

Math is just a major dikkhead and cries when people give him that same energy back

And remember ALL of this stems from Diz punching him in his shyt, nikka been having meltdowns periodically since