Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't stand the fact that Shine has rapped like Twork for a minute and nobody has got him up outta there for it.

I say that to say this, Shine sent Chess soul flyin' by the 2nd, the shyt wasn't even close. Tbh shyt was getting dark in the 1st for that young man. You can write some of the coldest material, but this is not text battles you gotta deliver and perform at a high level at the same time. Chess didnt show up overall, good writing though.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I know everybody cold on Hollow right now, but I think he's the guy out there with the angle ability and wit to really expose Shine similar to how he did Clips. In a quiet room with no NWX gas and where Hollow doesn't have to screech and yell, I like Hollow for the upset.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I know everybody cold on Hollow right now, but I think he's the guy out there with the angle ability and wit to really expose Shine similar to how he did Clips. In a quiet room with no NWX gas and where Hollow doesn't have to screech and yell, I like Hollow for the upset.

They’re both NWX but I’d bet on T-Top to beat Shine in a battle. Top’s angles/humor would nullify Shine’s aggression IMO.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jesus Christ, talk about being cold on Hollow breh, you just said him beating K. Shine would be an upset. Think about how insane that statement that would've been even just a couple of years ago.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I , but this is not text battles you gotta deliver and perform at a high level at the same time

No. You don't. Battle rap is 100 RAPPING. The writing is first and foremost. No. Its ONLYMOST. nikkas aren't performing THEN writing. nikka write THEN perform. The fact that yall saying Shines performance voids Chess powerful writing in that particular battle is inane. Thats not what this is about. fukk Shine he ass.

I agree with delivery though...

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goodz entire perspective of Math as a battler is shared by the entire battle rap community.

This is why I’m reluctant to believe Lux/Math until it’s announced, even though DNA’s tooth is reliable.

Even when Lux was presented with the idea of battling Math, Lux was like :scust:“but his skill set,” The tone of his voice was like is this a joke?

I’m all for Lux either picking the biggest battle, or the best battle. Math does not fit the criteria for either.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Jesus Christ, talk about being cold on Hollow breh, you just said him beating K. Shine would be an upset. Think about how insane that statement that would've been even just a couple of years ago.
I mean, the way ppl are gassing Shine now I'm sure he would be considered the favorite. I'm never cold on Hollow, he's my guy