Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People may have not been so into this as the time, but this was 2014. If Qleen had stuck with this sound for 2 or 3 years he could have made a name independently in the rap game. I think his flow was dope, he did the offbeat Detroit flow but he is still fluid and stays slightly behind the beat. Do y'all think he would have stood out like he does in battle rap?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
People may have not been so into this as the time, but this was 2014. If Qleen had stuck with this sound for 2 or 3 years he could have made a name independently in the rap game. I think his flow was dope, he did the offbeat Detroit flow but he is still fluid and stays slightly behind the beat. Do y'all think he would have stood out like he does in battle rap?

nah, the battlers still in the streets tend to act way more guarded when they get bigger looks imo, or they just so happy to be there you never get to see the real personality that we're used to

same way how all these guys turn into bozos anytime a mainstream rapper glances in their direction

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Dot vs Mack Mel... nice lil battle.

Yoshi G vs Bill Collector... entertaining as hell. I wouldn't have predicted her to get bodied by Tori had I watched this first. The girls getting back to business is a good thing for the culture.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Math has low emotional intelligence. He swears everything and everyone is against him. People don't think you nice bruh. That's life. Deal with it.

And I'm actually a fan of Math as a battler. I think he's criminally underrated but you crying and complaining ain't gonna change perception. Even if he hypothetically gets a Lux battle and beats him, people will say "Lux fell off" or "Lux didn't take it serious". Not "Math is fire". It's gonna be hard to change how people feel about him.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Math has low emotional intelligence. He swears everything and everyone is against him. People don't think you nice bruh. That's life. Deal with it.

And I'm actually a fan of Math as a battler. I think he's criminally underrated but you crying and complaining ain't gonna change perception. Even if he hypothetically gets a Lux battle and beats him, people will say "Lux fell off" or "Lux didn't take it serious". Not "Math is fire". It's gonna be hard to change how people feel about him.
And it shouldn't fukkin matter cuz this nikka got a popular podcast smh :russ: dude refuses to grow up

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Agree 100% and even unstable ass Hollow pointed this out when their beef was simmering at best

knowledge and fit are stuck in a awkward spot by Math because their faces are on screen every week but sooner or later they’re gonna have to answer for his shyt, especially knowledge being a “journalist”. He low key fukked up getting so close to math’s projects like this

btw I’m a big math fan, I watch any battle of his first day drop. He’s the type of battler to get people into this, like Clips but better IMO. But he needs to be Jordan instead of being who he is, Drexler

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math is a clown and I'm glad folks are taking turns snatching his soul. Goodz is 100% correct, Math is carrying himself like a bozo when he should act like the vet he is. He is ice cold battle rap wise but MEO saved him and is actually popping. He should just focus on that! Math has 0 self awareness and it's sad.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

And it shouldn't fukkin matter cuz this nikka got a popular podcast smh :russ: dude refuses to grow up

Agree 100% and even unstable ass Hollow pointed this out when their beef was simmering at best

knowledge and fit are stuck in a awkward spot by Math because their faces are on screen every week but sooner or later they’re gonna have to answer for his shyt, especially knowledge being a “journalist”. He low key fukked up getting so close to math’s projects like this

btw I’m a big math fan, I watch any battle of his first day drop. He’s the type of battler to get people into this, like Clips but better IMO. But he needs to be Jordan instead of being who he is, Drexler
I'm arguably the biggest Math fan here, and I see it. I do kinda understand that he's dedicated like half his life to BR, and wants his legacy to be respected.

OTOH, I wholeheartedly believe there are people and forces working against him, including URL staff. They don't want talent adopting his attitudes and positions, as they have probably been ripping nikkas off from jump. He's also one of the few that doesn't rely on any league, so he can tell the 100% truth, and URL DOES NOT like that. I would like if he lets the work talk for him, but, with URL blatantly against him, the narratives and bullshyt are in full force. He could probably navigate it better, but that's probably a hell of a lot easier from where we sit.

And fukk the bullshyt, Math on his shyt is one of the most dangerous battlers ever. People (and URL) running the fakkity interference be damned. He's so one of the better musicians. You don’t have to like him, but it is what it is.