Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of y’all act like Day’s performance vs Roc wasn’t the exception but the rule. At least let him consolidate it damn...

He’s at the best at the same tier as Rum, must be a casual/newcomer to insinuate Rum isn’t worthy
This is a fact. You can argue Day as being the most intricate writer in the game, but as a battler overall there is no argument that he and Nitty are in different tiers.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
this literally never happens

expecting a guy to come like the best performance of his career

“if ______ comes like he did against_____”

when has this shyt ever happened?
Twork was the last nikka we seen consistently outdoing himself and even then he prolly still chokes half a round away. I wanna say the verb battle was the last one where i felt he gave us that

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I think daylyt is one of the great pens in battle rap and his rounds vs roc are masterpieces

But we all know that is not how battle rap works. Consistency matters preparation angles etc. I think we can all agree rounds like lux vs miles verb vs hollow chilla vs jc are what most consider the standard of battle rap if we were to introduce people to what being a mc in battle rap means but how many times can we point to battles where all those guys I named fell way short of they absolute best?

That's why that's a ridiculous statement and standard to go by. Daylyt is not just the daylyt that battled roc or chilla which is some of his best work he also the guy that has rambled for 3 rounds and wasted our time. Nitty is way more consistent and has way more moments and great rounds.

Believing nitty not on daylyt level is just crazy. Believing nitty doesn't so called deserve daylyt is just a insult to battle rap. Nitty is one of the best punchers EVER throw whoever you want to find in that conversation. Give him his props for real.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nitty vs day will be top 3 battles of all time if they both on there A game. I’m calling it now (if they both on)