Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lux's pen hasn't regressed. In reality, Lux has become a better writer if you want to get technical with it. The thing with Lux is, it's clear that he's stopped trying to craft his rhymes to impress the fans, or seemingly to even win battles. I'm pretty sure at this point Lux is really trying to write shyt to impress himself. He's become a better writer, but it's not better for the consumption of 95% of battle rap fans, which is how you would have a situation where nobody would argue that K Shine is a better writer than Loaded Lux, but I think most people would say he is a better battle rapper today.
Lux is more complex in battles now than he was then, but it's not meant for battle rap consumption. He found the perfect balance in the Hollow battle, still my 3 favorite rounds ever.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I can agree Mook a better battler now. Lux seems to be on cruise control. Still has his moments but not as much
Prior to this battle last night, everyone said Mook's last 3 battles (not counting Street Hymns) was ass. So he's better off one performance?

Lux and Mook battle so infrequently that if they have one "weak" performance it lingers longer. But I remember after Summer Impact, everyone was back on the Lux bandwagon. Then he beat Surf, but people didn't care for the performance, and now people think he's trash again.

Battle rap fans are probably the most fickle fans on Earth.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You can tell Lux is still the bar because after every great performance someone has, fans always bring up Lux and compare it to his last battle. Whether it's Daylyt, B Dot, Chilla, Mook, JC, etc...every time they battle fans one way or the other compare it to Lux last performance. Nobody else gets that.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Mooks last 3 battles was ass but he zipped lux and Solomon two legends :dahell:

make it make sense

and he beat verb imo

how ya will bring up hippo critical every chance ya get but let verb say shyt like ima go noodles like a college student shows what kinda ppl ya are lol

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

make it make sense

and he beat verb imo

how ya will bring up hippo critical every chance ya get but let verb say shyt like ima go noodles like a college student shows what kinda ppl ya are lol
People always complain about how Mook's opponents never bring shyt to the table, which may be true (or may be not), but why wouldn't Mook get the credit for that shyt too? Because logically speaking, Mook is the biggest battle you can get in battle rap, so you should assume he would get his opponent's best.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

make it make sense

and he beat verb imo

I'm saying that was the general consensus among fans.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

make it make sense

and he beat verb imo

cause they had bad performances, both their worst performances vs Mook, how is that hard to understand? the heat can beat the 72 win bulls team on a given night.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps

make it make sense

and he beat verb imo

Lux and Solomon were both horrible in those battles. Its not that complicated.

Verb wasnt even that great either but he was at least decent. Somehow that was enough to make it debatable because Mook wasnt saying shyt either.

If you tell me you go back and rewatch any of Mook's rounds against Lux/Mook/Verb you a gotdamn lie :russ:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
cause they had bad performances, both their worst performances vs Mook, how is that hard to understand? the heat can beat the 72 win bulls team on a given night.
So ya rather focus on how “ass” mook was than the guys who actually lost?

because the way ya talk you would think mook lost those battles

ya think mook was wack vs verb and I completely disagree

it’s personal with ya I been saying this and fresh basically confirmed it last night

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Lux and Solomon were both horrible in those battles. Its not that complicated.

Verb wasnt even that great either but he was at least decent. Somehow that was enough to make it debatable because Mook wasnt saying shyt either.

If you tell me you go back and rewatch any of Mook's rounds against Lux/Mook/Verb you a gotdamn lie :russ:
I watched mooks rounds vs verb again

he was scheming his ass off

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ya rather focus on how “ass” mook was than the guys who actually lost?

because the way ya talk you would think mook lost those battles

ya think mook was wack vs verb and I completely disagree

it’s personal with ya I been saying this and fresh basically confirmed it last night
its clearly more personal to you than me