Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all wild

Lux
Mook
Rex
Math

Lux
Mook
TBA
TBA

Lol. I want to give a slot to Dizaster, just based off legacy and track record and skills...but he drops the ball too much imo so I'm not sure. And he just seems corny in general, lol.

I think Roc deserves consideration maybe, just because how he's held it down for the newer generation, I personally don't think he's that crazy bar wise but he is a great battler and doesn't lose often. He's been "the guy" for a while now. Shine might deserve some consideration too. Geechi too in another year or 2 if he stays active like he's been. Hitman deserves some consideration too, great battler. Hollow. Arsonal. I don't think anybody I named is as nice/skilled as Lux or Mook (Hollow gets real crazy sometimes though), not even close, but they're all great in their own ways. Pat Stay may be in the running too.

Rex took himself out of contention with how he's been the last 5+ years, he went from a Rushmore consideration to literally one of the worst battle rappers, how?!!?! Lol. And Math is probably the most overrated battler ever, to me.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math as a battler has never really resonated with the fans. That’s why he can’t be on Mount Rushmore.

There’s just too many battle rap fans that thinks he’s wack. Obviously he isn’t, but it’s just one of those things. :yeshrug:

When I come across people that watch battle rap, they all think he’s terrible. Not decent, not average, not mediocre, but terrible.

It’s kind of strange that the casual listener rates him so low, but that goes back to being regional. Math is a regional guy.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
They shoulda just turned Xcel mic off...that man could barely get a word in. At some point they just started ignoring him

:mjlol:

"For me personally.........for me..."

"In my hood...in...in....in my hood"

That shyt got worse as the liquor kicked in
Damn

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County

He wasn't reading the room at all. They were talking history and he kept trying to interrupt. And when he finally got a word in, it added zero to the conversation. I swear he made the exact same point 3 times in a row. It was a classic episode but he was annoying and sounded like a little kid at times. He would have fit better on a non-Ice episode perhaps

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Iono about Mt. Rushmore, but the Math hate movement is old and tired. There is no real justification for the amount of discredit he gets. I think legacy wise, he needs a standout SM performance, and maybe the Cal rematch (if Cal will stop bluffing), and he's first ballot HOF.

RBE isn't about gas and hype. For 20 dollars, you can't complain about a solid card with 5 or 6 battles.
Nah, Math just isn't really that good. That's all there is to it. Very Jones ish.