Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Math is literally his own worst enemy. if it isn't a deep state conspiracy to get rid of him, it's the fans being whiteboi nerds on computers being the reason as to why his battles aren't well received :mjlol:

I can however, agree with this somewhat.

Fire is a very loose term in your vocabulary clearly. :usure: Out of curiosity, where are you from? :sas2:

Born and raised in East Baltimore, and proud of it:stopitslime:

I aint gonna hold you, this is pretty ass :ehh:

when he stretched out Virginia i legit busted out laughing

Line for line i think you right, this might have Rajon beat

I fukked with BA, but that wasn't it:francis:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can however, agree with this somewhat.

Born and raised in East Baltimore, and proud of it:stopitslime:

I fukked with BA, but that wasn't it:francis:
Not taking shots at your Bmore upbringing Prop Joe, I was just assuming you were from Brooklyn based on the Math support.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They shoulda just turned Xcel mic off...that man could barely get a word in. At some point they just started ignoring him

:mjlol:

"For me personally.........for me..."

"In my hood...in...in....in my hood"

That shyt got worse as the liquor kicked in

I’m listening right now. This isn’t really the right episode for him to make an appearance, and he doesn’t have the name to do a solo episode.

He would have been best suited for a “pen” episode where all the “pen” nyggas like xcel, brixx, nubron, Lotta zay, and syah boy can cry about being under appreciated or whatever. You know all the wack “pen” nyggas.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Chess in the studio with Fivio. I could see the connection. Chess the only battler that makes new age drill NY rap that doesn’t come off out of place. Obviously because of his age.

Fivio is not the best rapper but he makes good pop drill I guess, 22gz the best of the Americans doing it imo, but Brooklyn scene has been kinda slacking letting Fivio be the guy :hubie: getting outpaced badly this summer

what’s some good Chess joints? I didn’t even know he made music tbh

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Fivio is not the best rapper but he makes good pop drill I guess, 22gz the best of the Americans doing it imo, but Brooklyn scene has been kinda slacking letting Fivio be the guy :hubie: getting outpaced badly this summer

I don’t keep all that much up with his music, but he posts a lot of clips of it on his IG. Mostly just NY drill. He had a song years ago over One Mic beat called “In Deep Thoughts” that was super fire.

Here’s an example of his current music

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

By a HUGE margin. Growth and Development is a personal classic :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Finally!!!!! Dash upped some of the battle rap content back on his channel

:blessed:

This is the cypher I was talking about. Lux was with Ice & Surf just before Summer Madness 2.....he recycled the first few bars then started wildin'!!!

:ohlawd:

The classic mannerisms, the energy, the aggression, the conviction

:picard:

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Finally!!!!! Dash upped some of the battle rap content back on his channel

:blessed:

This is the cypher I was talking about. Lux was with Ice & Surf just before Summer Madness 2.....he recycled the first few bars then started wildin'!!!

:ohlawd:

The classic mannerisms, the energy, the aggression, the conviction

:picard:

So nostalgic :wow: They were all fire too! This is the essence! :blessed:

Seeing Surf's Up being promoted in the beginning reminded me of when I first started checking out Surf's music back then. One of my fav joints:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the best I've heard so far. Pac influenced but at the same type this is that classic NYC dramatically aggravated rap

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Some of the stuff I have heard Chess on, I don't know if it fits him. There's a pocket of that NY drill I fux with heavy like that Ray Swish Woo Forever album. If he has any of that kind of production backing him, let me hear it.