Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I think Lux at his best is better than everybody but he’s never at his best during battles. Yeah, you can go back and find some crazy quotable but it’s not really all that entertaining, and takes a lot of puzzling together. That’s too much. His performance against Hollow was the perfect balance. I think it goes back to a point you’ve made, they don’t battle enough. Lux has battled what 3 times in the last 15 months or so, which is a lot for him, but that’s still light. It’s about repetition. You have to keep going out there, lose some, win some, figure out what works and what doesn’t. But they (Lux and Mook) make way too much money to do these battles more frequently at the price their asking. They’d have to come down significantly.

Seems like Lux doesn't really have a grasp of what excites his hardcore fans. If Hollow is retired maybe he needs to join team Lux. We got what we wanted in the two on two.

Even with Lux being out of touch B. Dot would still have to stand in front of him and spit his raps. Lux has this extra terrestrial presence that doesn't always translate on camera. Part of B. Dot will be up there trying to gain Lux's respect as an emcee. Most of the pressure is on him since Lux is pretty detached from the battle culture.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I personally don't want to see bdot vs lux at least not right now.i feel like it would be forced as they likely genuinely don't have a issue with each other and alot of their stances are similar from a social justice stand point and a battle rap position.

No offense, I mean this with respect, but both lux and bdot and even guys like saga and loso are more novelty acts great ones but novelty nonetheless. They need to keep taking battles where they challenging the street life challenging the gun and drug talk. It's a great element for battle rap. Thats like lets see a battle vs saga vs Loso. Its not going to be a good battle. Lux vs bdot will not be a good battle imo.