Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mickey Factz and Angryfan on IG live having a discussion

Mickey said Rex has recycled in every battle he's ever had lmao.

Lux recycled against Miles

Lux recycled against Clips
I've seen that old freestyle where Lux used that bacon strip bar he used against Clips.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see that. Roc isn't good enough to be "infinitely" better than anyone as good as Mook is. Roc battles often, Mook doesn't; that's the real advantage, but seeing as there's no crowd that advantage means less.
Exactly. Roc is nowhere near as good of a rapper/writer as Mook.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on man, we not doing this with Mook. Mook was trash against Verb too and Verb clearly beat him. It's gonna be the same with Roc. Mook is awful...box office because of his legacy, but awful. He's everything some battlers claim Lux is. (Someone only living off the past and can't create no new good work)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roc is a better battler though

How so? We know Murda Mook for being one of the best battlers ever, if not thee best. What makes Roc a better battler than him? Only thing I'd give Roc over Mook is like dude said in here, he battles more, he is an active battler and is one of the top ones of today. Mook just comes out every now and again and beats whoever they put in front of him. I think he is gonna 30 Roc, like clear 30. Mook isn't even in my personal Top 5, but he is far superior to Tay Roc, imo

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on man, we not doing this with Mook. Mook was trash against Verb too and Verb clearly beat him. It's gonna be the same with Roc. Mook is awful...box office because of his legacy, but awful. He's everything some battlers claim Lux is. (Someone only living off the past and can't create no new good work)
Notice the fans said "Ohhh, Verb won!! fukk Mook!"...but most of the battle rappers said Mook won. Why is that you think? You can go back and research it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice the fans said "Ohhh, Verb won!! fukk Mook!"...but most of the battle rappers said Mook won. Why is that you think? You can go back and research it.

consensus was Verb won

most battlers said Verb won, now some may have retracted but the consensus has always been Verb won

now what you’re saying reflects more on the verb/Lux battle. The fans felt Verb won where a lot of battlers were giving it to Lux at the time

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
How so? We know Murda Mook for being one of the best battlers ever, if not thee best. What makes Roc a better battler than him? Only thing I'd give Roc over Mook is like dude said in here, he battles more, he is an active battler and is one of the top ones of today. Mook just comes out every now and again and beats whoever they put in front of him. I think he is gonna 30 Roc, like clear 30. Mook isn't even in my personal Top 5, but he is far superior to Tay Roc, imo

Roc has more dope battles, Roc has more moments, Roc has more quotable bars, Roc has more memorable rounds and far more longevity. Can Mook win? For sure. I just think Roc has surpassed him as far as an overall battler. Is he GREATER than Mook? No. But he's better. If we were putting a GOAT list together Mook would be above Roc, because greatness is more than just what's done in the ring (Pioneering a genre, and creating one of the best battle rap collectives of all-time carries a lot of weight that Roc can't match), but if we we're just ranking best? I'd have Roc over Mook all-time.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I just watched an angry fan blog where he shytting on Math.

nikkas still shytting on Math in 2020??Jesus. If Battlerap had a mount rushmore, Math is def on it. FOH.