Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imma need this entire mixtape. Thanks

I haven’t heard that mixtape in years, but I don’t remember it being anything special. It was a typical Lux tape where he just tried to sound like whatever is popular.:snoop:

If he consistently made shyt like the song that was posted, he would have been a strong independent artist by now.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
"i seen John John stupid ass getting up, NO SIT DOWN!" :mjlol: clips

doing anything in a room with freestylers is dangerous

My bad if someone posted this already

nikka asked smack who would you fukk/marry/kill outta Cardi B/Meg/Nicki

"I aint marryin NONE of em, imma gangsta "

:krs: smdddle!

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mickey Factz said he's battling B Dot on RBE

He said he'd have B Dot 2-1 over Lux in a small room because as great as Lux is, what he does is not translating great to the fans. And B Dot gets to the point faster and angles are so accurate. (I agree). He said if Lux got in his Hot 97 bag or 06-09 bag, it would be scary for everybody. But for whatever reason, he doesn't do it during battles.

He said he doesn't think Lupe could battle, he doesn't think it would translate well.

I agree with him. Bdot is a better battler at this point in time.

As I’ve said numerous times, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect someone to battle like they did from 06 or even like a freestyle. Mickey being an emcee should know better.

What Lux does have going for him is that he can go to a place Bdot can’t go. Unfortunately, the last time we’ve seen him reach that place in a battle was against Hollow. That whole performance was a quotable.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

As I’ve said numerous times, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect someone to battle like they did from 06 or even like a freestyle. Mickey being an emcee should know better.

What Lux does have going for him is that he can go to a place Bdot can’t go. Unfortunately, the last time we’ve seen him reach that place in a battle was against Hollow. That whole performance was a quotable.
Agreed. I think Lux at his best is better than everybody but he’s never at his best during battles. Yeah, you can go back and find some crazy quotable but it’s not really all that entertaining, and takes a lot of puzzling together. That’s too much. His performance against Hollow was the perfect balance. I think it goes back to a point you’ve made, they don’t battle enough. Lux has battled what 3 times in the last 15 months or so, which is a lot for him, but that’s still light. It’s about repetition. You have to keep going out there, lose some, win some, figure out what works and what doesn’t. But they (Lux and Mook) make way too much money to do these battles more frequently at the price their asking. They’d have to come down significantly.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

Lux needs to be careful that this doesn't become a charlie clips type situation imo. "If lux goes to his "insert battle here" bag, it can get ugly!"

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I think Lux at his best is better than everybody but he’s never at his best during battles. Yeah, you can go back and find some crazy quotable but it’s not really all that entertaining, and takes a lot of puzzling together. That’s too much. His performance against Hollow was the perfect balance. I think it goes back to a point you’ve made, they don’t battle enough. Lux has battled what 3 times in the last 15 months or so, which is a lot for him, but that’s still light. It’s about repetition. You have to keep going out there, lose some, win some, figure out what works and what doesn’t. But they (Lux and Mook) make way too much money to do these battles more frequently at the price their asking. They’d have to come down significantly.

exactly

The major advantages someone has that doesn’t battle often is 1. You aren’t sure what to expect and 2. They aren’t formulaic. There’s a certain formula to battle rap, so it can be refreshing hearing someone come completely different. It’s probably why I really enjoyed Jag. Lux had those two things going for him at SM2.

The gap is so long between their battles (Mook/Lux), people seem to forget about their prior performances and choose them to win based on capabilities (hot 97 freestyles). That goes back to people aren’t sure what to expect. However, we have seen enough to know, especially with Lux.

Mook has some major issues that I don’t see being resolved in one battle. I do think the small room can help, but it can also amplify your weaknesses as well.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux needs to be careful that this doesn't become a charlie clips type situation imo. "If lux goes to his "insert battle here" bag, it can get ugly!"

yeah people need to stop that with every battler. They will say a battle from like 10 years ago.

Hey if Verb comes like he did against a Hollow, then...

It sounds ridiculous. Every battle is it’s own entity.

that’s why Mickey sounds stupid. How can you be around battle rap so long, and continue to say shyt like that?

Speaking of Mickey, is he not self aware enough to know that he’ll probably lose clearly to Bdot, because he rarely battles?

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Mook has been trash. I dont know what its going to take to get rid of the old smack era nostalgia but mook hasn't said anything fire since jordan had 35 and still won that game. Even before snuffing brizz mook was on stage putting us all to sleep. Tay roc is going to destroy mook and I for one can't wait.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

To me it doesn't even make sense. The skill it takes to succeed in battles these days far surpasses what it took even a decade ago. Although what lux did vs miles is still a masterpiece, if it was presented as new content today many would label it filler as its just a display of lyrical ability minus all the new elements needed to succeed in a battle today such as performance angles and even personals.

The thing is I think lux figured this out early on, which is why you see caskets and the lost nikka round vs calicoe. But even with lux being the best lyrically it speaks to how difficult the task is on delivering a quality performance in this form of battle rap seeing as most would still crown lux the best but would still admit he lost a couple and or a few of his performances didn't land.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mook has been trash. I dont know what its going to take to get rid of the old smack era nostalgia but mook hasn't said anything fire since jordan had 35 and still won that game. Even before snuffing brizz mook was on stage putting us all to sleep. Tay roc is going to destroy mook and I for one can't wait.

yeah I don’t understand it

1. he sounds outdated
2. the delivery isn’t there
3. the material isn’t there

I keep saying if he spit that same material he had for Verb in Houston or Atlanta, he gets booed badly.

I do think he could fix these things if he was more active

Daps
Reppin
NULL
he already has...people keep asking for "hoodie Lux"

You got Flex and you got the 2 on 2....

The demand for "that" Lux automatically goes thru the roof and stays there. It was a demand for it in the Verb battle, and the Surf battle. Shyt damn near promoted as that with the Surf battle. Its really on Lux to pull the trigger and bring that all 3 rounds, the notion that he "can't" do it is crazy...its been documented that he can, twice already lmao.