Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Y’all may think I’m crazy but I think the URL should invite SNO to their next tournament.

I think he’s a tournament style battle rapper. There’s nothing he can do with a well prepared opponent though, which is why he couldn’t make it.

I'm cool on Sno but i think Danja Zone needs to come win himself 25k.

But about Mook/Roc. It seems like it just got set up like 2 weeks ago or so. And we know Roc was already booked for the Url/QOTR card. That's 6 rounds in 2 weeks. Granted he could just bullshyt for the QOTR card but this is Roc. He never slacks and i feel like he's wasting material writing for whoever he got on qotr.

Just cancel that battle and focus everything on mook.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If I was ranking battlers/top 5 right now based off performances/consistency over the last year

1) K-Shine
2) Chilla Jones
3) Geechi Gotti
4) Rum Nitty
5) Danny Myers

Not the biggest fan of 2/5ths of this list, but this feels accurate.
I like this list, mostly agree but I feel BDot should be on there

Showed out against Rum, Saga, 2 on 2 vs AWard/Loso & T-Top , all this year, all S tier performances. I have it something like

1a/1b B-Dot/Chilla
3 Geechi
4 Shine
5 Myers (I don’t overly rate dude but respect the work he’s put in )

Got Nitty on the outside looking in

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Verb needs to retire "It's Showtime"

The Showtime is literally nothing different than how he regularly raps. The pace doesn't switch anymore, it doesn't have a bunch of jabs leading to a big haymaker anymore. He literally raps exactly the same as he was right before he says "It's Showtime" now. It's pointless. And the lack of enthusiasm people have for it when he has said it over the last 3-4 years is an indication of how much it fell off as a move.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

The Showtime is literally nothing different than how he regularly raps. The pace doesn't switch anymore, it doesn't have a bunch of jabs leading to a big haymaker anymore. He literally raps exactly the same as he was right before he says "It's Showtime" now. It's pointless. And the lack of enthusiasm people have for it when he has said it over the last 3-4 years is an indication of how much it fell off as a move.

Agreed, or at least have it in only certain battles

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's pretty much like the super saiyan form in DBZ. When Goku first went super saiyan it was legendary, now it's like a regular form. Verb did it so much that it's lost it's bite, and like you said he never like goes into another bag.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's pretty much like the super saiyan form in DBZ. When Goku first went super saiyan it was legendary, now it's like a regular form. Verb did it so much that it's lost it's bite, and like you said he never like goes into another bag.
It wouldn't be a problem if he actually put effort into it

He stepped on his own special move cuz he's lazy

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yep not to mention he lost all the bark & conviction in his voice

“ON EVERYTHING, YOURE A FRAUD REX...”

Verb’s voice use to be crazy.

His style now is way better for music then his old style. Funny how these things work.

Lowkey feeling the same way about NJT’s madness

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Big Hollow supporter and can remember when he was the MAN around SM1 and Lux was ducking..

How he has gone out recently is shocking..

Losing to TODD
Losing to Math
Rob n Duck situation
This Don Lennon peaceful scam persona
Hollow has always been waste man.